A Shimano-less Overburys Rebuild

Re:

been struggling with colour myself, good thing about waiting for parts is having time to consider colours.... or is it? changed my mind so many times, even ordered decals thinking I had decided.... then not being so sure :facepalm:

Personally the loud pink blue fade does it for me.......

RBG

A little update.

Progress has been a bit slow, mainly due to lack of funds, but I've got the bike put back together so it's rideable - even took it on holiday to the Cevennes in France:

The Cevennes is utterly gorgeous - mountains and rivers and plateaus, thoroughly recommend it for a holiday. I took the family with all our bikes, and this was taken on a stop off in the Gorges du Tarn.

But I digress. I have a pair of Pace forks and a Mavic 305 headset, but I'll not fit them until it's been repainted. Or I might get impatient and stick them on anyway!

It probably needs a new bar and/or stem. When the bike is ridden it makes a creaking noise - a bit worrying. I've looked and there is no visible crack, but if it was structurally sound it wouldn't make that noise. A new stem with an integral brake cable hanger would be good, and back in the day I had an Odyssey one so I could track down another one.

Attachments

• WP_20160806_12_47_33_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20160806_12_47_33_Pro[1].jpg
    41 KB · Views: 388
Great to see it's being used. Sounds like a good trip. I like the look of those Odyssey Pro stems with the cam - are they easy enough to set-up?

Si_33":fqk09bgy said:
those Odyssey Pro stems with the cam - are they easy enough to set-up?

I remember it being a bit fiddly, but to be honest I don't really see the point of them. The cam works in a way that moves more cable as you put the brakes on. But surely that will give you less braking force? (somebody help me out here - can't quite remember the maths!)

Been quiet for a while on this one. I have been slowly getting a wish-list of parts together -

I have also gone and said I'll do this year's Mayhem, so I'd better get cracking!

Attachments

• More bits.jpg
    More bits.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Pedals & Hub.jpg
    Pedals & Hub.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Handlebars.jpg
    Handlebars.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 163
Back