1992 Orange Clockwork XC Pro RC35

I had one of those in 92. Bought the frame and built it up myself. I even dyed some converse purple and fitted fluro orange laces. No good for racing as I recall.

Then 6 months later some £ukka nicked it while I was in the dole office.
I need some purple and orange in my life again...

The forks are winging there way up to Tim currently. Am I likely to find a replacement for that top cup alone or am I looking at an entire new headset (ritchey?) I would quite like to keep the XC Pro if I can, also what size tyres will fit, the old ones were shot, it has Mavic 231CD grey hard anodised rims, from my research today I think anything 1.95 - 2.35 will fit, was thinking 2.10 or 2.25 and going tubeless - is this correct?

groovyblueshed - The sticker, not 100% sure but could have been at the Malvern Classic at Eastnor Castle, could your mate have been there? an aside, but I went to Eastnor Castle later for a number of years to the Big Chill Festival which sadly went extinct.

wiggviv - interesting story, love to see some photos of the grey as I am considering it.

groovyblueshed - The sticker, not 100% sure but could have been at the Malvern Classic at Eastnor Castle, could your mate have been there? an aside, but I went to Eastnor Castle later for a number of years to the Big Chill Festival which sadly went extinct.

Most likely. It was one of the places we'd rock up at. I had the sticker on my Clockwork but not seen them anywhere else since '92.

Latest posts

Back