85 Overbury's Peak Finder back from the dead

Re: Last night I went to Bristol............

The History Man":2j0ldop1 said:
Me or him?
Sorry I was carrying on with the Royston Vasey quotes

Re:

Using a tube I worked out there's at least 150mm of post in there. Kill me now.

Re:

Invert the frame, use Plus Gas, leave it for at least a week with an occasional extra squirt. Next time how about wrap rag around the seat tube, pour boiling water on it THEN chill the post? That'd be the maximum tempertature differential. Be careful though!

I have resorted to the brute force method on occasion (pipe wrench) but have snapped a post off :oops: plus that much torque can't be good for the frame and it wrecks the post.

Already been plusgassing for three weeks.

Weeman's tapping/slidehammer combo incoming.

Well this is the gift that keeps on giving. Spray, freeze, slide saw. Nothing has shifted the post of doom. 220mm still in the frame so caustic inbound.

At least it has given me plenty of time to think about what to do with it. I was walking though the woods last sunday in my nice unobtrusive greennness. Blending in with the trees and hedges. Could a bicycle be made to do likewise? For those rides 'off piste' so to speak where inconspicuosity (is that even a word?) would be beneficial. It is a little short but would be nimble in the woodlands of Winchcombe. (think bicycles of Belsize) Super narrow bars, high rise swan necked stem.

The paint on this is so far gone I could go all army drab or just leave it the battered battleship grey. Kurust will stabilise the nasty bits. A mixed non retro black build of blackness with black brakes (I have lx black cantis or black deore V)

Kepping everything on the down low. Bruv, innit, fam, safe.

Latest posts

Back