Proof you can polish a Turd or at least roll it in Glitter!

Re: Proof you can polish a Turd (Schwinn FS)

Quite amazing attention to detail! Love it! Wouldn't a set of polished Marzocchis fit the build better though? Not that there's anything wrong with the FSX forks...

Now thats a build thread/story with a very happy ending a worthwhile 20mins read…

oh and the bikes pretty sweet as well

That hit the Spot, not at all how I would have imagined it finished, just a whole lot better.

Re:

beautiful - absolutely stunning (I have a set of golden Marz XC700's that would literally shine on that build)!

Re:

al":25sp933k said:
That is bloody stunning.
al.

cheers Al ……..its been a bit of a slow burner,
I guess sometimes its just as much about the journey as it is about the destination,

syncrosfan":25sp933k said:
Quite amazing attention to detail! Love it! Wouldn't a set of polished Marzocchis fit the build better though? Not that there's anything wrong with the FSX forks...

I’ve got a set of Yellow Hydrocoil Judy’s which to be honest will get dropped onto it when it takes to the dirt, but yeah silver Marzocchis would probably look good against the metallic blue paintwork

kingbling":25sp933k said:
Now thats a build thread/story with a very happy ending a worthwhile 20mins read…
oh and the bikes pretty sweet as well

cheers buddy, the time it took (when I look back over the thread) was a bit of a shock :oops: and with a few twists and turns along the way, glad you enjoyed the read

sinnerman":25sp933k said:
That hit the Spot, not at all how I would have imagined it finished, just a whole lot better.

Thanks Carl,
the build did change quite a bit, glad it gets the thumbs up … means a lot.
I know its not everyones cup of tea (to say the least) especially being a URT, thanks for the info you interjected along the way regarding the “Sweet Spot” design.
Was quite an education and gives me a greater appreciation of the design. :D

Re:

Thias":wdva7rg1 said:
Great bike! Great work. Hats off to you, sir.

I followed your Ibis Szabo build closely and also your travels on it, was good to see how much you enjoy riding it and also how much you did to it,

I love my Schwinn but your Ibis version is a few rungs further up the ladder way :cool:

k-rod":wdva7rg1 said:
beautiful - absolutely stunning (I have a set of golden Marz XC700's that would literally shine on that build)!

Cheers Rod
Have you got a camera in my bolt hole ? I’ve got a mint set of Gold XC600’s destined for a Green NTI Rock Lobster build, Its still in bits at the moment and queued up for a winter project and trip down memory lane as a Blue Rock Lobster was my first proper race bike and came second hand from one of the guys at Carati in Bristol who’s son (Tom I think) raced it for a season, However that one came with Bontrager forks…. How I regret selling it, however if I hadn’t I never would have landed the F2 Pace that I still have after 20+yrs

Fm!! :shock: . my apologies kind sir for missing the end of this Glorious scrumptious and very well put together and extremely coool build :xmas-cool: ..

I just wish i still had my lower version of this :cry: :cry: ..

Back