orange aluminium elite limited edition gold

elPedro666":1sjcmnp1 said:
Purple rings then...? :D

Was just thinking the same myself. . .

Love it as it is but more purple (in this case) could balance it out and make it even lovelier :cool:

Front mech

Hi How did you get around using the opposite pull front derailleur - as I notice you have a top pull rather than a bottom pull.

HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION BAT MAN!! :shock:

if you look closely at the frame in the pics on the first page you'll see a little cable wheel on the back and bottom of the seat tube, they are commonly referred to as "mech verters" although this one is original and part of the frame set. it can be removed if not needed though.

also this bike doesn't look quite like this now, i got rid of the big bits of purple leaving only the straddle cable holders, the brake bolts and the chainring bolts in purple, i found the clash of gold and purple too much, now it looks nicely subtle, also the black stem i had was slightly more upright and gives a better riding position.

:D

Re: orange aluminium elite purple and gold update page 3!

updated pics :D

few changes, alot less purple! felt it was better in the black version although i left some little purple parts, also changed the wheels to XT on mavic and the seatpost back to a USE silver job, really pleased with how it looks now, only non period parts are the tyres/saddle/pedals the rest is pretty much period (give or take) correct, it's nice to ride for an aluminium frame and the 531 legs on the rc30 fork feel good aswel :D

Attachments

• limited edition elite.jpg
    limited edition elite.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1,277
  • limited edition elite 2.jpg
    limited edition elite 2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,277
Enjoyed looking through this thread during my break on my night shift :) .. couldn't of been many of these produced, and fewer still survived to this day. The gold sheen on it draws you in. Fine build this.. plus reminds me I need to finish my more bog standard Elite off..

Re: Re:

Ian in Lancs":10s7w6yx said:
Hey! Ive got one of these bikes and this thread has inspired me to lovingly restore my favourite bike!

Thanks

Cool - get out the camera, take some pictures and then create a build thread :D

Oh and welcome to Retro Bike

Back