Nuke Proof Carbon/Titanium Racer

Re:

I guess you are right on the stem, it would not be time period. But a yellow one would
stick out nice ;-)

And here is just a picture of my poor frame, waiting for some miracle to happen!!!!

9Gl7WY.jpg

(Need some Carbon Tubes !!)

Cheers
Jeroen

Some new photos.
In keeping with the "carbon front/titanium rear" theme, I swapped a carbon body Nuke Proof wheel up front while keeping the titanium hub NP wheel out back.
Also swapped the Tioga Carbo seatpost for a Ringle Moby.

I was asked by the good folk here for some frame close-ups so here they are.

20161001_120630_zpsfvpwyboi.jpg

20161001_120525_zps1vprdxrb.jpg

20161001_120349_zpsrh6xx3zd.jpg

20161001_120401_zpslrypxrof.jpg

20161001_120419_zpszvratr68.jpg

20161001_120428_zpsuknnwtrg.jpg

20161001_120514_zpsw4pdpqhq.jpg

20161001_120601_zps37rvjckn.jpg

Hi CCMDoc,

I'm new here and I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys. I'm considering buying a similar old school Nuke Proof bike. It's much like this one, except the frame is all titanium.

I'm loving the bike from the pictures, but there's 1 thing I'm concerned about: It doesn't seem that the frame would allow a disc brake conversion later on.

What do you folks think about that? All advice is appreciated, thanks!

I think you'll find that most people on here will be against converting old frames, especially really nice/rare olf frames to disc brakes, in effect ruining them for what they are. It's been done, but general is frown against.

Sexy and stunning machine. So much to like. A combination of the two sexy materials

han":2m6pbkh5 said:
Hi CCMDoc,

I'm new here and I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys. I'm considering buying a similar old school Nuke Proof bike. It's much like this one, except the frame is all titanium.

I'm loving the bike from the pictures, but there's 1 thing I'm concerned about: It doesn't seem that the frame would allow a disc brake conversion later on.

What do you folks think about that? All advice is appreciated, thanks!

I'm with T'boo Ted and others.
Build it up with reasonably period correct ('92-'96) components and enjoy the heck out of it.
If cantilevers don't have enough stopping power for you, V-brakes are incredible and Magura "rim crusher" hydraulics will provide plenty of face-plant opportunities.

If you really want a disc-capable frame, I'll buy your Ti Nuke Proof frame and you can use the cash towards a frame that better fits your plans.

It's all good.

Stay well and warm regards

Back