1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega build - my unicorn!

Ramble away - let the ideas flow.
Different bike - I never built up the frame you now have.
Would love to find a Ti fork for it - flexy though they may be.
And the bars - which I never knew existed and am glad are in the hands of the right man.

CCMDoc":36bfm8tl said:
That is freakin fantastic!
The planets aligned on your behalf and the bars are yours. Well deserved!

It didn't have the cable guide when I bought it but if I find one I'll ship it over.

Just to whet your whistle

6B7B8D59-4A9E-46A5-81EC-95DC402F5386_zpstgabiqat.jpg
a very nice bike I always caught my attention the frame different to others :D

regan_ev":31soikji said:
CCMDoc":31soikji said:
Bollox64":31soikji said:
Come on Regan - some more bits must've arrived by now :LOL:
And DVDs ...
The DVDs are awesome Paul! Still not watched more than half of one :facepalm:
Bollox64":31soikji said:
Come on Regan - some more bits must've arrived by now :LOL:
]

Guys he's all love up... With a capital L so there could be big intermissions between spanner sessions :D

Mind you having meet his better half at Icon O Classic I fully get why this thread has slowed down... :cool:

Regan,

When you next surface let me know how you say it, is it "T.I Mega" or "Tie Mega"

Retro Spud":32hnd0b0 said:
Guys he's all love up... With a capital L so there could be big intermissions between spanner sessions :D

Regan, so how to you say it then, is it "T.I Mega" or "Tie Mega"
Ha, cheers Nick. And the build hasn't started for many reasons, but none of which are due to anything you mention :p :LOL:

F**k it, I'm doing a poll! TEE mega! (And it's not just a Welsh thing, Tony (TC) pronounces it as Tee as well, and he's an Englishman! :D)

Instead of playing Judge Rhonda (can you see what I did?) on BOTM where this build boyo?

The History Man":41mw29g8 said:
Instead of playing Judge Rhonda (can you see what I did?) on BOTM where this build boyo?

^^ :D

Old judge Rhonda has been off hob nobbin with the MTB gods, so hardly surprising its gone a bit quiet.
When the nights draw in and it gets cold he'll have to make do with finishing this build/thread (Oh the hardship of 1st world problems)

He could probably write a complete build size thread on just his trip alone I reckon. Ned this, Tom said that ...oh Chris asked me about his 29er... :shock:

Been quite a year for Mr Ev by the look of things and I don't do face book.

By the way I'm not at all bitter / Jealous or the teenie weeniest bit envious (honest)

The History Man":mxtzhgg0 said:
Don't know who she is but she's got a lovely name Jase! :LOL:
You can't rush perfection man! Plus I've been busy saving myself from diving off the GG or other similarly high structures tonreally give a damn. But I'm back now, single again, binned off Instagram cos it was consuming most my waking life and I'm driving to DIdcot tomorrow to pick up ANOTHER bike I bought last night! Got myself a new project already, now that the current one is nearing completion haha!
Retro Spud":mxtzhgg0 said:
^^ :D

Old judge Rhonda has been off hob nobbin with the MTB gods, so hardly surprising its gone a bit quiet.
When the nights draw in and it gets cold he'll have to make do with finishing this build/thread (Oh the hardship of 1st world problems)

He could probably write a complete build size thread on just his trip alone I reckon. Ned this, Tom said that ...oh Chris asked me about his 29er... :shock:

Been quite a year for Mr Ev by the look of things and I don't do face book.

By the way I'm not at all bitter / Jealous or the teenie weeniest bit envious (honest)
Well I won't go into name dropping because everyone there was a legend or hall of gamer or some cool as **** dude, suffice to say it was brilliant, but I won't be writing a thread or a blog despite Charlie telling me to, because he wholly believed that the British press would love to hear what one of the Brits got up to and saw and heard over there, but Singletrack didn't even reply to my email which was after I spoke to them on the phone and asked whether it was of interest, and most of the memories are so personal to me I don't really want to share them as they're special and private and not for repeating especially on the Webernet so there we are. Oh, and what else am I gonna spout a load of bollocks about round the fire at Mayhem if I go telling her everyone on here? Haha!

I'm gonna have a bit of a clearout to raise the final much needed funds to get this build done. I still haven't stripped the AM or properly polished the Teeee but it's on target for a Christmas completion. And because the nights are getting darker and this time last year I had a living room filled with my first build so the nostalgia will be very welcomed in building this one up once the clocks go back!

**And breeeeeeatheeeeeee**

regan_ev":1s8hk7zi said:
Oh, and what else am I gonna spout a load of bollocks about round the fire at Mayhem if I go telling her everyone on here? Haha!

Fair point, And I've got you a bigger audience for 2017 with 10 more riders than this years event.
with us all pulling up a chair and listening to teacher it could be like a non fiction 1970's trip to Jackanory

Albeit without Willey Rushton reading Wind In the Willows or Stig of the dump :D

Back