At last, one in the right size!! (Zaskar content, pic heavy)

Yea they are good as my son has one some where but not found it since he moved house 12 months ago :facepalm: ..

LikeClockwork":1f6upq1x said:
Ha, just what I was thinking! Bugger using it for retrieving things out of seat tubes, I could have all sorts of fun elsewhere with that....... :LOL:

Ian, the bore gauges are things my Dad has given me, probably picked up cheap from car boot sales, 'in case they come in handy'. I may try and encourage him to leave it another 20 years before he buys me another one........ :facepalm:

Dare i ask what you meant by by all sorts of fun Kaz :oops: ..

Well by the looks of it Kaz i'd buy your own in future and don't mention it to your Dad in case he wants to borrow otherwise you might night see it for 20 tears :LOL: ..

Re:

liking the yellow zaskar, i had a standard ball burnished zaskar and my mate had a ball burnished LE, this was late 90's, not early 90's though.
there definitely were differences between our two frames,
from memory (and we are talking nearly 20 years ago) there was definitely a nicer seat clamp on the LE, but also the dropouts on the LE were a much more svelte affair.
i've got this strange notion in my head that my standard zaskar was built in taiwan and his LE was built in the USA
and possibly the main tubes were 6061 T6 on the LE and 7005 on my standard Zaskar, but i might be imagining that.
one thing i do know for certain his LE was definitely way lighter than mine and igt rode a lot nicer than mine ever did!

I have a similar issue with something, probably a pebble, rattling around inside one leg of my Project 2s. It was there when I bought them and it's still there following a refurb holiday at Argos. I guess I was kind of hoping that the stove enamel would disintegrate it (silly now I think about it, stones can quite happily get hot, they serve steaks on the damn things in restaurants fercryinoutloud) or that a nice man at Argos would hear it rattling about and know some ingenious way to remove it. Ah well, it'll be a 'characteristic' of the bike that I'll have to learn to love.

Re:

Ha ha, thanks chaps. Your comments earlier in the week sent me out to have a look at the Zaskar again, and although I'm STILL awaiting the 73mm BB from eBay, once that's here I can get on with the rest of it, so thought today I would at least get it cabled up.....

Blame Mamadirt for sending me lots of different cables in all sorts of colours (plus some I already had....) but is this a bit too 'Trigger's Broom'......?? :LOL:

Changed the stem out too for a much more upright 'Art' NOS one I had. Still not sure about the new look, but this needs to be an all seasons rider, so in some ways......bugger the looks! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• GT Zaskar cabled up 011.JPG
    GT Zaskar cabled up 011.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 533
  • GT Zaskar cabled up 010.JPG
    GT Zaskar cabled up 010.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 533
  • GT Zaskar cabled up 008.JPG
    GT Zaskar cabled up 008.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 533
  • GT Zaskar cabled up 007.JPG
    GT Zaskar cabled up 007.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 533
  • GT Zaskar cabled up 006.JPG
    GT Zaskar cabled up 006.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 533
  • GT Zaskar cabled up 004.JPG
    GT Zaskar cabled up 004.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 533
Re:

Thanks Lynne..... :cool:

I suppose really I should just do what I like and actually maybe RIDE the damn thing. Now there's a novel concept :LOL:

Have been so busy with work and in between quite ill at times, now I just want to get out there over the winter, even if just on the local cycle paths, and get some miles in. Work permitting.... :facepalm:

That look's great Kaz and yes the Damn thing! is meant to be ridden so fingers crossed you'll be well enough to do that soon ;) .

Now then if i could only find the right tool's to service this Spinner fork with :facepalm: ..

Latest posts

Back