Okay it's not pre 98 but it's a lovely Isla Bike ;)

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
So I picked this little beauty up a couple of weeks ago as a part ex, child's Isla Bike Beinn 26 Small. This thing is amazing, a proper scaled down bike for the serious child cyclist/ very small adault and savy parent.

Plan is to strip it, clean, regressed all bearings and rebuild with new cables and replace a broken spoke. It'll then be time to move it on in the hope it'll bring a big smile to someone come Christmas :xmas-big-grin:

That look's great Tim and it just might be me but i think it would look better with white walled tyre's although i'd also fit white grips n saddle myself if you want it to appeal to young female's at Christmas or just clean n polish it with the planned minor tweaks i guess as i know these little gem's have a good fan base anyway ..

Re: Re:

M-Power":1bvbh6gq said:
They are awesome little bikes :cool:

It just seems so well thought out and the parts are great quality, it hardly weighs anything! Wish bikes like this had been about when I was a kid, I had a 20stone Raleigh Grifter :LOL:

Re: Re:

Minifreak":8q0gx4f4 said:
M-Power":8q0gx4f4 said:
They are awesome little bikes :cool:

It just seems so well thought out and the parts are great quality, it hardly weighs anything! Wish bikes like this had been about when I was a kid, I had a 20stone Raleigh Grifter :LOL:

Dont we all just. Jees we managed to jump ditches on those things after building such dangerous ramps. Makes me shudder to think how close we came to serious injury :LOL: The fun thing is kids watch an adult do a few tricks and they can do the same on the Islabikes cos they handle so well. I even managed to wheelie my daughters :LOL: Then got told off by her cos it made a big thud on landing :oops: :LOL:

Minifreak":s8c05z84 said:
Cheers Ian, I guess it would appeal to both sex's, its aimed at 8years +

http://www.islabikes.co.uk/products/bik ... n-26-small

Wow! that sizing is quite versatile and that size should fit the Mr's but she want's Purple :facepalm: and i'm loving that Teal/Green colour's on the guide as they look amazing but yes these are certainly proper bike's for kid's which like you i never saw or had either :cry: ..

Some of the grubbier bits cleaned up lovely :)

The cassette and chainring are in good order, the chains not toast but I think I'll put a new 8 speed chain on for peace of mind.

Those grubby bit's came up alot better thain i'd of expected and i gotta agree a new chain is the way to go so what brand are you fitting then Tim ? ..

Back