1991 Funk Pro Comp

Mr Universe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The One that kept me strong, The Journey Home

Hi all :D

Those who know me know its that time of year, I'm coming home :) ,

The machines have been silenced, deactivated, and finally Insulated for that long cold silence of winter that looms ahead once more.

Product Q.C undertaken and accepted, we watch it disappear and hoisted carefully and calmly onto Transport, My team and I say goodbye to our last consignment of product for 2016,

The Companies projected deadlines, profitability, and growth have been smashed, Here's to 2017.

By this time I'm dying to get home to get some much needed rest, catch up with friends and actually get back on the bikes again and try and get some miles in on U.k shores before I need the thermals and ski's,....

"hold On!!" ...."Did Someone mentioned an early staff Christmas party" :facepalm: ..

Three days later have passed since the 'Christmas'. ahem ! 'party' was mentioned and somehow now, having woke up with the hangover from hell ! , I'm surrounded by aluminium and glass vessels,...which all seem to have evaporated strangely :? :? , but, looking for positives, it got me thinking how many seat post shims I could potentially make out of all this lot , or even kleins. :mrgreen: :facepalm: :LOL: :LOL:

Drifting in and out of Kleinland , I find myself looking at the wrong time zone, :facepalm: I suddenly realise I've got 47 minutes before I have to check in for the flight home :shock:

At this stage I've still to get showered, dressed, shaved, etc and to top it off,.... I've still got to find my car keys, passport,.. phone, and my suitcase to pack :shock: which somehow ! , now seems to have decreased volumetric area by at least half the original cubic area ! ,....and my clothes and crap don't fit in anymore :roll: :shock: :facepalm:

Deep Panic ensues. !! :facepalm: . along with a lot of swearing and slightly higher than permitted velocity whilst travelling in a motorised vehicle levels are adopted :oops:

I make it with just a short 3 minutes to spare :shock: :D

Tick, Tock.. Flight delayed up to one hour :facepalm: :facepalm:

But 39 minutes later I'm finally boarding the plane to return home to the U.k , and all I can think about is sleep and my bikes, or is was it bikes and sleep :?

I've missed them all ,but especially how I've missed my latest baby. :) :)

I'm still in recovery mode so I'll leave these two here for now, more to follow over next few days.

A Very Big Thank You to everyone here on Retrobike.co.uk that has helped me out sourcing the components.

I'd Like to say a Special Thank You to Jez who made this build possible.

Ian

Apologise to anyone that I've lost contact with or should have messaged on this site as my mailbox had been deleted. :facepalm:

Re:

Soooo... I'll start off with the wheels,,,

Lets take some spokes of nice quality and lightweightness..

15722_00_d_zpskvhb1woo.jpg
[/URL]

fullsizeoutput_2c_zps46nzntko.jpeg
[/url]

Select Hubs...Hmmm , lets have some Ringle..

Nearly Forgot ..Erm... Rims..

Time to put together...

Et Voila

More to follow,..

Ian

Nice to have you back Ian :)

Re:

:) Hi Adrian.. good to be back buddy, we'll have to have a catch up and see what goodies I can pry from ya hands :) :) ;) :cool: :)

Hope you like da Funk ;)

Looks very shiny! I'm holding out for some more pics ;)

Re:

Hungover and speeding ? ! :shock:

I don't know what to say :facepalm:

Good to have you back though, buddy! ;)

Mikeeey

Latest posts

Back