American Breezer 1987 #0003

Re: American Breezer - one of the first ones

Nice job, looking forward to seeing this one complete.

CTK":6ekdx66s said:
How did you polish? Autosol and "Never Dull" anything else? I have a Comp Lite that needs polishing...

Looks great :cool:

all with Autosol...after that with 'Never Dull'.
Only for the chainsuck and one point at the seatstays i took a 1000 grid sand paper only for the edges.

This is amazing Norman! Something I covet greatly and would love to own.

I'll show this to Joe when I'm with him in a couple of weeks. He'll be impressed I'm sure! :cool:

hey Regan, thx - nice to read about your meeting with Joe! Hope that i can finish this built up until then... ;)

step by step...

Shimano head set is mounted - i like this special lock nut !

The Salsa True Temper 4130 steel bar in chrome black will fit perfectly to the Koski fork which will arrive today.

The next step was to mount the first version of the Shimano XT front mech with a clamp in 31.8 and the standard Shimano XT crank

But the satin surface finish doesn't want fit to the polished frame. I decided to take the old polished Cook crank with the black Shimano Biopace-rings.

I think it works better now :)

So, the last step of the last night - Shimano XT rear mech 730 cleaned and little bit polished up

The result

The next patients are the XT 6-speed thumb shifter - they need a lot of love

tonight more...

done...

I had to change my built up plans...the original Suntour XC seatpost in 26.8 doesn't fit - to oversized, so i need a new one. I decided to mount a welded black one - Made in USA ;)

A theme matching American Classic seat clamp will fix it.

Finally a total view

Reminds me a lot of the one I used to have. I had to polish mine up too, but you took it to the next level. Great resto work on that frame and parts!

You need a Suntour XC or IRD post in there to fall in line with the rest of your build!

Thanks Eric, the first plan was to use a Suntour XC post - i have one in 26.8 here, but it doesn't fit :(
The post is maybe a little bit to oversized. I don't want to damage the the seat tube. The ContolTech in 26.8 fits perfect, but i will watch out for a IRD - thats a good idea :) thx

Re:

wow great effort and amazing job! :shock:

registering for updates to this beauty! ;)

Back