Cheers Carl ;)

Can you paint the stem red for me? :LOL: :LOL:

Re: Singletrack mind ! Giant MCM Team

Mike Muz 67":3sr0hnj5 said:
DICKO10":3sr0hnj5 said:
The red and yellow grip combo Mike is a yesss

Cheers Carl ;)

The red n yellow combo sounds good :cool: and yes i do think the red stem idea would suit the theme better ;) ..

Muddy paw":3w1rg6mw said:
Mike Muz 67":3w1rg6mw said:
DICKO10":3w1rg6mw said:
The red and yellow grip combo Mike is a yesss

Cheers Carl ;)

The red n yellow combo sounds good :cool: and yes i do think the red stem idea would suit the theme better ;) ..

Looking for one now, may put up an ad !

Way to go Mike as it will certainly compliment the frame better ;) and if i'd got one lying around in the shed you could of had it mate but unfortunately i had a shed clear out 12 months thinking i wouldn't need any of it and yes i've been looking for cetain parts ever since :facepalm: :cry: ..

:cool: coming on nicely.
I think i prefer the yellow/red grips, reminds me of Rocky Mountain.
I also think the yellow stem works too, with maybe a yellow seat aswell. Having just a small hint of red at the front. The red stem would work as well, but then again i liked the silver stem too, as it went with the crown and also wheels and cranks. If you added a silver post and bars too... am i helping? :LOL: :facepalm:

Mark

mkone":l9w65db1 said:
:cool: coming on nicely.
I think i prefer the yellow/red grips, reminds me of Rocky Mountain.
I also think the yellow stem works too, with maybe a yellow seat aswell. Having just a small hint of red at the front. The red stem would work as well, but then again i liked the silver stem too, as it went with the crown and also wheels and cranks. If you added a silver post and bars too... am i helping? :LOL: :facepalm:

Mark

Er, no! :LOL:

I'm also thinking the silver one, although 15mm shorter. Could always compensate with saddle position.
Maybe the yellow will grow on me, and be less obvious once I get used to it.
No? :facepalm:
Hey, isn't it retro to have non matching parts on a bike? Even the Giant team bitd couldn't find a matching stem, going with boring black on their racing MCM bikes, in '96.
But what do they know, they went with sti levers, too! :LOL:

Mike

Re:

Small update,

While I await the cranks, I have now sourced through here, a red Kore stem! :cool:
Sadly, that one is too dark a red for the bike! :facepalm:

IMG_0635 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

So, off with the decals,

IMG_0637 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

And on with the Plastikote. Unfortunately, as I was spraying it I noticed it was barely any lighter! :evil: Aaaaaargh! So off that came as well. Primered it last night, and followed up today with some Audi brilliant red arsole! :LOL:

IMG_0641 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Better, mefinks! :cool: I wll source some stem decals from Gil soon. Then I'll lacquer over them.Also clear lacquered the bars as they were looking a bit shabby.
That's all for now, until the cranks arrive.

Mike

Re: Giant MCM Team, small update, 16th Oct

Nice shout! with the red paint Mike ;) but the down side is you could of just painted the 1st Kore Stem and saved some pennies :facepalm: :LOL: but you can sell that any way now to make some money back ;) .

Overall though the Giant is looking really great now and much better colour co ordinated with the red stem ;) ..

Re:

Thanks Ian

The yellow stem is mint, so didn't want to change that. It will be on my next project ;)

The red one wasn't as good, with damaged decals.

Mike

Back