Scott Elite Racing 1997

husky

Retro Newbie
Hi from Germany.
I found this beauty for sale on ebay only some miles away from my home town.
So I went there and had a talk with the owner and I saw that the frame had no cracks.
The frontwheel had no airpreasure so a testride was not possible but the rest of the bikes seems to be alright.
Finally I took it for about 100 dollar.
At my first testride I found out that someone had opend the fronthub and lost some balls from the bearing.
Instead of 11 at each side one were 9 and the other 10. I changed the balls in the hub for new ones from SKF.
From a friend I got a carbon seatpost and the shifters were changed because the old one died.
Today i did a first ride and got some feedback from other riders. One guy was excited because he had the same one
as its first mountainbike and asked for a short testride.
Dont wonder about the Husqvarna stickers because I am a Supermoto RIder too.
I read that the tail has some flex almost about 2,5 cm. Is that real and how is the funktion ?

Greets
husky

Attachments

• IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 801
  • IMG_1595.jpg
    IMG_1595.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 801
  • IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 801
  • IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 798
Re:

Hi Husky,

Welcome to the forum ! ;)

Very smart Endorphin you have there! :cool: Also, very cheap! :shock: :shock:

A few of us on here have them, here's mine.

download/file.php?id=304069

Yes, they do have some flex built into the rear end, although I'm not sure how much.
It does feel like there is some there though, it absorbs some of the bouncing around you would otherwise feel

Happy riding! :cool:

Mike

Hi Mike,
thanks for the information about the bike. Is Endorphine the name for that model.
I didnt find very much about my bike in the net and it was not so popular in germany.
Your bike look very good too, is the colour original ?
Thanks !

Sven

Back