1988 Stumpjumper Epic (former Cindy Whitehead Frame)

Re: Re:

raidan73":1nctoem6 said:
That's lovely Col :cool: I'm not a big Specialized fan but would love that. Looking forward to seeing some more pics
Cheers Adrian, I think there are certain bikes from most manufacturers which have a universal appeal. The weather's pretty horrible today but I'll get the bike out for a run and take some better pic's as soon as I can.

Re:

Some better pic's. I ended up fitting the original U-brake (complete with faded arm) the replacement I got has a damaged spring tensioner on one side by the looks of it so was binding on the wheel.

Attachments

• CW Epic 4.jpg
    CW Epic 4.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 829
  • CW Epic 6.jpg
    CW Epic 6.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 828
  • CW Epic 5.jpg
    CW Epic 5.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 829
  • CW Epic 3.jpg
    CW Epic 3.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 829
noka78":3inan1aj said:
What for a great Stumpjumper in a minty shape - like it !!
Thanks it's not completely mint but given this bikes history it seemed wrong to lose the patina.

This is a brilliant story, major kudos!

DynaCol":otg8znpb said:
If you navigate the virtual tour of the shop towards the 1990 World Championship banner at the end the bike is hanging on the wall to the right, along with a few of his other race bikes :cool:

For your convenience, Ned Overend's bike:

Attachments

• NO02x.jpg
    NO02x.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 751
Muddy paw":1kvmf3b3 said:
Well worth waiting for and i couldn't agree more about keeping the patina so how does it ride ? ..
I've not had a chance to take it out for a ride yet, got a few days off work now though so should be soon.

PaintedDesert":wchbg3dh said:
This is a brilliant story, major kudos!

DynaCol":wchbg3dh said:
If you navigate the virtual tour of the shop towards the 1990 World Championship banner at the end the bike is hanging on the wall to the right, along with a few of his other race bikes :cool:

For your convenience, Ned Overend's bike:

Cheers, I tried copying a pic from their site but couldn't get it to work so thanks for posting that one bud.

I have loved reading this thread from start to finish, its build threads like this that inspire me to tinker in the shed and also make the Forum what it is. Thanks for a great thread and build such an awesome job well done!

kingbling":pnjedy3n said:
I have loved reading this thread from start to finish, its build threads like this that inspire me to tinker in the shed and also make the Forum what it is. Thanks for a great thread and build such an awesome job well done!
Thanks very much, I've enjoyed researching the history on this one as much as building the bike TBH. Everyone I've e-mailed for info have been keen to help where they can so very grateful for that (my hours sat googling Stumpjumper Epic's etc have not been wasted at least :LOL: ).

Back