1992 Rocky Mountain equipe what to do? Sell?trade?part out?

Re:

i'd be a tad nervous riding that around with such a rusty hole in it. but that's just me.

at the very least perhaps i'd chip off any rust that's loose in that area and apply some rust inhibitor on it.

Haha I was defiantly keeping an ear out for any strange noises. I road it more to get a feel for how the bike rides as I have not ridden one with the ultimate ultralight tubing. I really liked the ride but this one will probably just hang in the man cave after my cirrus is done as that one is more my size and will be using it for the trailering duties. I do love the look of this bike with the jade green paint and the blue and white decals it looks really racy.

The more I think about it the more I want to give braising the hole a try. I remember when I used to braise weld a few years a go I was pretty good at it and able to produce a good looking strong weld that could support my body wight when I clamped the welded sheet to a table. It would defiantly look better than traditional welding and I'm sure if I prepare the aria and keep the paint as protected as I can I should be able to save the finish. What do you guys think?

Scrape as much rust out of the hole as you can, before that. And spray some anti rust oil (e.g. fluid film) into all the stays afterwards...

Re:

Too true. Once I'm done the cirrus I'll have to pull everything right off and buy a couple cans of wool wax or rust cleaner and flush all the tubes. Not a huge deal if somthing does brake I only spent $20 on it :p

Back