Klein Pinnacle build coming up..

Thanks man. They look even more "fat" than I expected :LOL:
But then its maybe just the colour (or the lack of it..) that makes them stand out that much. As in the picture of jey-ess they don't look as fat.

They definitely look so much better than the spinner forks they come factory with. Spinner forks look too thin.

Its been a while but finally I was able to make some progress on this here build.
We had that Klein enthusiasts meet here in Germany. It was only one hour of driving from my place so of course I had to be there!
One day before the meet I tried to rush this build, cobbled a few parts together, put a new liner in for the rear brake.
The result wasn't too pleasing thou. Not sure why, but I did not like it.

So I left the pinnacle at home the next day and shocked those other Klein fan boys with my teeth gritting ugly Mantra :LOL:

(I took my green Pulse with me, too.)

That meeting was so good, I really had a blast. So many Kleins in one place. Soo much colour! And finally! Normal people like me. 15+ bikes at home - just? :LOL:

Here's even more pics, if someone is interested: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AI_ ... 9D32E9BF25

Ok. Back to topic. My Klein love was reignited again and so over the past weeks I spent a few evenings in the basement to finish the pinnacle.

As wrote above, that pinnacle frame is too small for me. And I hope one of my sons will be able to drive it some day. But until then, I thought, I might as well have some fun with it.

I fiddled around with some parts. Decided to stick with the pace because I don't need another beater with no suspension. And the kids said, they really want that, too.
A huge spacer I had to make, so the steerer comes up and into my reach:

I like it, if I may say so myself.

Then a few colour drops there and there. (Note the thumbies :D ) Decided to go with blackwall tyres. I think that's what I did not like in that first attempt. The brownwalls.

It was coming along nicely. Just a bit of plumbing and off it goes.

Current specs:
- 1992 pinnacle frame
- 1" Pace mxcd fork with rst steel coils
- Syncros stem, System steerer
- controltech seattube, Rolls saddle
- Shimano XT br-m732 brakes
- Shimano XT thumbies with modified top caps and springs.
- Shimano alivio brake levers (yes, I did that.)
- Shimano XT front and rear derailleur. (rear DR is polished blank)
- Mavic ceramic rims laced to Ringle (front) and AC chub (rear - "KRrRrRrRrRrRrRrRrR!")

Moar pics. I did quite a few hm on this. Rides really well uphill. :D

:D

I hope this was entertaining to some of you guys!
cheers!

Thank you.

I don't think the pinnacles are particularly rare. I am even currently building a second pinnacle that is larger. I hope it will fit me better.

I can post a few pics up if anybody is interested. But that other pinnacle is really, really abused. And the build is going very slow, as there is very much repair work involved. And then I had the funny idea to fabricate my own parts for that bike. And this is going very slow. :D

Back