Diamondback Apex build

Yep your right about that stem looking a little chubby but untill you come across something better and those forks will look great when fitted and they might help the champagne on the seat stem stand out abit more so your going to be moving soon then :| , rather you than me mate as that's one thing i can't be doing with as all the chaos we went through the last couple of times left me practically pulling my hair out although it was a bit rushed to be honest so i hope it goes better for you mate ;) ..

Glad you sorted the steerer out mate as those Judy's look superb and if they work at least half as good as they look your in for a really lush riding bike :cool: ...

So will they be fitted today mate ? .

Re:

Yep, looking to have the bike finished and tuned tonight :) if the weather makes a turn for the better tomorrow, I'll try a sneaky 'maiden voyage' up the downs :)

That's awesome mate and what do you mean by if the weather takes a turn for the better tomorrow as the sun hasn't stopped shining yet ..

Re:

Been a bit dicey down saaarf ;) shouldn't stop me though ;) I'm looking to maybe take this to mountain mayhem next year with the Retrobike lot. Either as a rider bike or a general bring-along...haven't decided yet...

Ah right you would have to be awkward and have different weather down there :LOL: ..

Well if it rides really well then ride it at Mayhem and if it doesn't then it's just a take along so a ride on downs should be enough to decide ..

Re:

Well after a bit of faff with the brake alignment, the Judy's are on. Took it for a little (and I mean little) spin up and down the drive way, indexed the gears and sorted the saddle position and I am very excited to get this out and about now! Brake pads need working in, but that'll soon come with use. Dry riding only!
Pics tomorrow if I get to take it out at lunchtime :) the narrow bars seem a little skittish, but I'm used to mile wide ones on my other bikes (admittedly through laziness to not cut them down)...but it's light and comfy (as far as driveway rides are concerned...)

Mm tgis is sounding rather promising so far and yes narrow bars take some getting use to if you've not used any in a long while as i found out last year when i had a test ride on one of my bikes and found it really twichy an unnerving to say the least and driveway test rides don't tellyoumuch other than give you an idea of how the bars and seat position feel but fingers crossed you'll gey a fairly decent ride out on it tomorrow lunchtime as i'm looking forward to seeing some pics and positive feedback ..

Re:

I'll try bung it I'm the car this morning before I head out :) weather looks cloudy but should be ok for a lunchtime bimble :)

Back