90 Orange Prestige

DynaCol":3d1fqq7r said:
Muddy paw":3d1fqq7r said:
Just go for it Dyna ..
XCPro??

Will leave the final decision to when it's painted, got the parts for all three groupsets gathered.

XCPro seems really tempting imho and although i still think you should go with the XT i couldn't agree more about waiting to see the frame painted before finally deciding ;) ..

Re: 90 Orange Prestigeg

XC pro sounds ace :) , if you got a whole groupo, go for it.. looking forward to seeing this beaut finished.. :)..

Re:

I keep coming back to XC Pro for this one even though DX would be cool too.

Sneak preview of the parts.

Attachments

• XC Pro.jpg
    XC Pro.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 532
Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":2rr45rym said:
Suntour bits looking good there :cool: Will you be keeping the DX decal from the bottom of the seat tube?
One of the reasons I've been changing my mind on the groupset. I was planning to get the frameset painted and decals lacquered over apart from the seat tube one so I could fit that once I'd decided what groupset to fit. Think I'll get a couple of options for that decal just in case :LOL:

Re: Re:

DynaCol":2vjhl7x7 said:
groovyblueshed":2vjhl7x7 said:
Suntour bits looking good there :cool: Will you be keeping the DX decal from the bottom of the seat tube?
One of the reasons I've been changing my mind on the groupset. I was planning to get the frameset painted and decals lacquered over apart from the seat tube one so I could fit that once I'd decided what groupset to fit. Think I'll get a couple of options for that decal just in case :LOL:

Yep that sounds like a great plan with the decal options although seeing that XCPro kit is making my mouth water but yes i have a liking for the DX kit too so yes i understand your dilemma :facepalm: ..

@ grooveyblueshed ..

That SunXCD kit looks really tasty imho and if i were after a modern kit i'd be looking for the best deal on it right now as it really is that tasty looking :cool: ..

Re:

I'm running a modern XT M772 rear mech for everyday commuting. My DX stuff is too nice and too old to use everyday for high mileage. My current thinking is to invest in a SunXCD derailleur and mech as they look similar to the old DX ones but would have the advantage of being new and up to the job.

Just had a look as the SunXCD stuff. Looks really nice especially as Shimano seem to be getting the Power Rangers to design their stuff.

Back