1991 rocky mountain cirrus build

Re:

I think the bonz crankset looks great, certainly something different, and if I had the chance to grab those levers, I would and go with thumbies, not too old I would think, as my 90 Cirrus was specc'd with them.

Well frame is back from welding and after some shaping and polishing this is the finished product. My father in law ground the old cracked weld down to the frame and dilled a hole at the bottom of the crack and then tig welded a nice fat strong weld on it.

prob just the photo angle, but that headtube angle looks so slack.

as mentioned before, i have repro decals if interested. ;)

Hmm it does look really slack. Probably just distortion From the angle. I already have some decals that I got from banshee who got them from gill. So all set for decals.

Trying to decide on the finsh. I don't want to go too shiny as it would be a pain to get into all the crevices and I'm a bit of a perfectionist that way. So that leaves a brushed finish. Now I have brushed it with scotch bright but will need a finer pad to get a really nice look. But which way should I have the grain? Up and down the tubes horizontally or around vertically ?

Up dates. I put the marzocchi on just to get a more complete preview. But now I think it actually looks kina good. I would have to get a new steerer tube but it's a bolt on so easy to put on just have to find one. Or could stick with the manitou 3.Any thoughts.

Back