Mr.T's Gazelle

Re:

Mini-update:

Finally dropped my frame off at the machinist today for a new set of bronze bushings to tighten up the rear linkage.

Pics to be posted soon.....

Re: Mr.T's Defiant

Mr.Toad":3s8o22co said:
Muddy paw":3s8o22co said:
So not much progress to report, though I did manage to pull the stickers from the crank.

I know, they are looking quite dirty

I think, it would be very difficult to anodize your crankset, because you have to remove the spider… which is a bad idea. I tried and it's impossible. So, for anodizing aluminum, you have to remove all steel parts !
For mine, i prefered to polish it like a miror. It's the easier way for makin your crank like new ;)

Re:

Agreed, it would be a major job to make these cranks look like new. In fact other than cleaning them up and a fresher set of rings I might just leave them as is.

Hope to have the frame back this week and will be able to move forward with the build.....

Re:

No word yet. I have my fingers crossed that I will have frame in hand by this Friday!

How is the bike coming along? I look forward to hearing good news and seeing some new photos. - gio

Gio":394l7ok4 said:
How is the bike coming along? I look forward to hearing good news and seeing some new photos. - gio

Bike build has stalled a little, but only because i've switched over to finishing up a few other rides.

Thank you for the reminder, i'll get moving this week and post updates.

Woah!! Just found your thread. Beautiful bike Mr.Toad :) I can't wait to see what you wound up deciding on with the paint!! The Blue->Blue fade is great but I've never seen the orange/red or green/yellow so that might be more fun, Or blend two or more and peacock it ;)

Mr. T, are you still neglecting your Boulder bike? lol Just a friendly reminder we would love to see you on the road with it. ciao! - gio

Back