Missy Giove Yeti ARC-AS/LT 1994

I acquired this bike last summer in Durango, CO and intend to restore it as closely as possible to 1994 Yeti team specs. Any help on finding parts would be greatly appreciated! As far as I've been able to learn about the bike, it was probably the last team-issued Yeti ridden by Missy. I don't think she ever actually raced it, as I believe she moved to Cannondale prior to the start of the 1994 race season. She left it with a local friend when she left Durango, and though it has been well taken care of, it has been regularly ridden and shows normal scuffs and scrapes. I'm sure most everyone reading this has already seen the thread on her 1993 race bike... I hope I can build this at least half as nice!

Here are some components I have in mind to start with if I can find them (Please correct me or provide other appropriate options!):
-Ringle turquoise Zooka stem, Moby seatpost, Super Bubba and Super 8 hubs, TiStix skewers (I already found the wheel skewers, just need the seat clamp), and water bottle cage.
-Manitou 3 fork
-Grafton Joystix crankset, blue
-Chris King NoThreadSet?

Current components of which I have no idea whether or not they are period correct:
-XTR v brakes
-XTR front derailleur
-SRAM 9.0 rear derailleur, grip shifters, and brake levers
-Panaracer Fire XC Pro tires

I believe the handlebars and saddle are original Yeti parts. No idea on what wheels to look for. Thanks in advance for any input or leads!

Attachments

• 20150426_205427.jpg
    20150426_205427.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,466
Re:

Can I recommend yoi contact Nick at the Pro's closet, or user rodevintagemtb both active on this forum.
They will surely be able to help or advise.

If its a genuine Missy, ypu gpt something special there, but from the one picture, very little is original.

Look forward to seeing the progress :)

Re:

Ive got some original rockshox Judy lower legs painted in yeti turquoise.

came from my old ARC,

Free to you for your project,

Doug

Re: Re:

unit3":v5o4uoco said:
If its a genuine Missy, you got something special there, but from the one picture, very little is original

hate to potentially burst your bubble but I agree with Unit3, if it is one of Missy's its been robbed blind over the years, however the frame would have sold on its own rather than being stuffed full of modern parts

Nice base for a project, not sure it was ever intended for Factory use, but lets see what Mike (Ride Vintage) has to say

By the way, welcome to R.B..... most of us started here with rigs a lot less than what you have got here :D
top marks for quality branding

The bike is indeed full of non-original parts, and it is of course possible that someone put Missy's name on a random frame. I hope there is someone with more knowledge of the frames that can provide input on identifying details. However, the information I received on the transfer of ownership indicates that before I got it, it was ridden regularly for over 15 years by a friend of Missy's. She updated parts over the years to keep riding it. It has never left the local Durango mountain biking community. I realize there is no evidence to back these claims, that's why I'm here looking for input! :) Doug thanks for your offer! I will message you shortly.

Could you post up any extra close up pictures of the frame? Its not always the case, but team issue frames were often reinforced in certain areas, compared to the standard frames. eg missys old ARC-AS, the shorter travel version of your AS/LT has massively overbuilt dropouts

Re:

Hi

I see you've added your location which now makes your opening post totally credible, had you been a Brit whose been on holiday to the U.S.A. I would have put money on you having your pants pulled down

So what did Mike have to say,

Regardless of the outcome you have a project on your hands that most members would give their right arm to own, please keep us posted

Back