1997 Rocky Mountain Altitude t.o. ... Updated PICS

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":25f5hegj said:
Looking good buddy :cool:

Better with the black Flite on it too IMO . Now get it finished! I want pictures out on the trail ! ;)

Thx! Soon... Soon...

Looking good.. With those red turbine LPs, Judy SL and M950 it is so very similar to mine, fun to see!

Looks very nice! There's been a good influx of Altitudes lately! But it's been a long time since I've seen an 18.5" up for sale. :(

I'm surprised that there's no Vertex or Vertex T.O.'s on the forum from 93-97. Back then, between my friends and I, I think we had about 10 of them that we raced during that time period.
Was there more long-term failure on those frames compared to the Altitude, or are the steel frames just more desirable now? :?

Blizz":cuclw693 said:
Looks very nice! There's been a good influx of Altitudes lately! But it's been a long time since I've seen an 18.5" up for sale. :(

I'm surprised that there's no Vertex or Vertex T.O.'s on the forum from 93-97. Back then, between my friends and I, I think we had about 10 of them that we raced during that time period.
Was there more long-term failure on those frames compared to the Altitude, or are the steel frames just more desirable now? :?

Thanks! I think the steel vertex is the best =)

The aluminum ones were prob race bikes and eventually cracked from use

Blizz":1unu4g06 said:

*ahem* i think the Easton HBO tubing was very prone to failure, here's a dead 95 i picked up:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155473

similarily a 95 Edge:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=274577

also have a 96 Vertex T.O., no cracked headtube, but not in the greatest of shape either with a bodged rear derailleur hanger. :roll:

RockiMtn":coz4fbon said:
Blizz":coz4fbon said:

*ahem* i think the Easton HBO tubing was very prone to failure, here's a dead 95 i picked up:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155473

similarily a 95 Edge:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=274577

also have a 96 Vertex T.O., no cracked headtube, but not in the greatest of shape either with a bodged rear derailleur hanger. :roll:

And a big 'Ol' dent too =)

shutter":m9055zqz said:
thanks for the reminder. :roll: btw, the bodged rear hanger is so bad, i think i have to scrap the frame altogether. :facepalm:

RockiMtn":2i6vw5bj said:
shutter":2i6vw5bj said:
thanks for the reminder. :roll: btw, the bodged rear hanger is so bad, i think i have to scrap the frame altogether. :facepalm:

Dang... I think I have you a good deal on that titanium race face stem and Judy SL along with it so that should account for it =). I'll give you your moola back on the full package if you want including them stem too =)

shutter":3cofo0x9 said:
RockiMtn":3cofo0x9 said:
shutter":3cofo0x9 said:

Dang... I think I have you a good deal on that titanium race face stem and Judy SL along with it so that should account for it =). I'll give you your moola back on the full package if you want including them stem too =)
the frame was independent of the stem and fork, got that after the fact. remember? and the ti RF stem had a broken collar, which made it useless until i resourcefully sourced a replacement. :p

Back