Attachments

• garyfisherpro024.jpg
    garyfisherpro024.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 794
  • garyfisherpro028.jpg
    garyfisherpro028.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 794
Re: War Horse

Thanks for sharing. I have those images too.
Surprised there aren't more images of these rigs on the interweb. Although there has been a recent spike in these being for sale across the various years they were produced.

I bought this one new in 1992 , i got the shop to switch the standard unicrown fork to a newfangled suspension job ha ha

Attachments

• pro caliber1.jpg
    pro caliber1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 787

it was pinched a few years back but was full suntour gearing with dia compe cantilever brakes and sugino cranks and a 1 1/4 headset

I remember it had quick steering !

i still think i have a NOS suntour cassette I bought for it (and never used) laying in a drawer somewhere if you need it

latman":3da3kukm said:
I bought this one new in 1992 , i got the shop to switch the standard unicrown fork to a newfangled suspension job ha ha

She's beautiful - thanks for sharing. Keep thinking about it, keep your eyes open and you'll get it back!

Somehow I managed to recover my 89 HK-II not once but three times! It is now fully restored, better than new and its a defo wall hanger!

Fortunately I have some "replicas" that I can enjoy. To give you further hope, I lost one of my HK-II replicas last Sept and after getting the bike inspiration back last month, started thinking about it and wanting it, managed to find it again and it too is now safe again - so focus on it and you may just well be re-united as well!

(admittedly it was an unusual story - lost and found at work! - Feel I should share the story now....

"Had about six bikes 'stored' at work. As the building managers were confused at this they decided an elaborate scheme was taking place. Arrive at work time on old beater, gain access via others arriving by bike at standard time. Go to the effort and expenses of locking beater bike up with the last five beaters - source appropriate newer upgrade and ride off into the sunset....classic theory, despite no reported thefts to my knowledge.

Anyway as I hadn't ridden to work for a few weeks I was unaware my bikes had been 'dis-established' and effectively disbanded until a colleague asked if the four better bikes being advertised for sale on our intranet were mine - alas one had disappeared without trace before I realised.

Said HK-II (now know as HK-VI) was found several months later in the work bike park.")

Thanks for the offer on the cassette - I'm good for now although if anyone can help I need:

- a nice seat binder preferably marked "Suntour" or Fisher - its a 26.8mm seat and binder needs to be a fairly small diameter
- Suntour crank dustcaps
- XC Pro 32h front hub either NOS or VGC
- Nice cable straddle wires, suntour if such a thing exists
- NOS XC Pro or similar suntour chain
- Ant's do you still have any of those suntour rear derailleur cables left?

Thanks!

a check of my parts bin reveals only these and some dia compe 986 cantilever calipers ( i think i replaced them as they worked poorly?)

Attachments

• 11.3.jpg
    11.3.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 773

Well...I did have visions of a full restoration as the black rear end and forks were a bit rubbed here and there..but then I realised it's actually fully chromed underneath ( i.e it's proper black chrome finish)..so having got everything I need for it now I am going to build it up this summer. Just a bit short on space at the moment. :cry: any idea on torque settings for bolting up the rear triangle?

Got any pics of the Paragon?

Edit: rear cables...yeah might have one spare for you. I know a source of nos Xc pro chains too...oh and suntour straddles

HK-II":1okyqj5j said:
Hey Ant.

It's definitely a 1989 which is a perfect fit for my 89 Fisher collection. Am actually very excited about this bike. Picked up a sweet original Paragon last month and getting close to building my CR-7 that actually fits me. How's the progress on your CR-7?

LT

Antstark":12npvr87 said:
any idea on torque settings for bolting up the rear triangle?

Got any pics of the Paragon?

Edit: rear cables...yeah might have one spare for you. I know a source of nos Xc pro chains too...oh and suntour straddles

Torque settings - no idea sorry. Will check with Peter @ Doctor Bike and report.

Fantastic - will send you a PM keen for all those bits. Thanks!

Paragon - as per pics below it is super clean (apologies for other traffic). Was only used to ride around an air park in Arizona by an older gentleman that took great care of it. It's a 1990 model with the blue / green paint job. Blue one side and green the other, it's really very cool. Doesn't really need anything other than cosmetic upgrades - swapping saddle, moving to thumbies and 2 finger levers and at some stage should track down some skinwalls. Don't often see Paragon's for sale so sometimes you have to grab the bikes when they are presented. The thumbies will bring it in line with my 89 theme - the decals still match and I much prefer two finger levers over four. The two CR-7's are also 90 but it can be hard work getting a set, especially 20 odd years down the road!

Attachments

• 20140421_163900.jpg
    20140421_163900.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 762
  • 20140421_161245.jpg
    20140421_161245.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 762
  • 20140421_161234.jpg
    20140421_161234.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 762

latman":1sajzeld said:
a check of my parts bin reveals only these and some dia compe 986 cantilever calipers ( i think i replaced them as they worked poorly?)

Thanks for checking, much appreciated. Hopefully I'm all sorted now :D

Have family in Brisbane so will have to look you up when next over that way - although next trip likely a couple of years away.

Back