1993/4 GT Zaskar Le Singlespeed: FINISHED

phatmar":ss2scgy8 said:
May i ask whats the best way to achieve the same hight polish finish? What did you use and whats the secret? Looks awesome! I have a couple frames that need the same treatment...

Autosol metal polish, Tesco value (or similar) dusters and toothbrushes and lots and lots of elbow grease !!

MADJEZ":1bk3l7lx said:
phatmar":1bk3l7lx said:
May i ask whats the best way to achieve the same hight polish finish? What did you use and whats the secret? Looks awesome! I have a couple frames that need the same treatment...

Autosol metal polish, Tesco value (or similar) dusters and toothbrushes and lots and lots of elbow grease !!

I used 120grit for the deeper scratches etc then 800 1500 and 2000... Then t-cut metal polish

Sean :cool:

Great thanks!

SEANSTEPHENS":3owqjz5u said:
MADJEZ":3owqjz5u said:
phatmar":3owqjz5u said:

I used 120grit for the deeper scratches etc then 800 1500 and 2000... Then t-cut metal polish

Sean :cool:

Re: Re:

Ian W":c7q77xfs said:
That looks awesome :cool:

Where did you get the decals from? They look original...

I got them from member cherrybomb, they were leftovers from his zaskar. The set was originally made up by Gil m i think.

Are You still riding yours?

Sean

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":1fh7tp9w said:
Ian W":1fh7tp9w said:
That looks awesome :cool:

Where did you get the decals from? They look original...

I got them from member cherrybomb, they were leftovers from his zaskar. The set was originally made up by Gil m i think.

Are You still riding yours?

Sean

Yeah, mine is still being ridden, it's a good feeling that nearly 4 years since it went together it is being used and really hasn't required any new parts other than a replacement chain! Makes my friends and brothers modern rides which need brakes bleeding and bearings changing look quite fragile when compared to the 21 year old Zaskar :cool:

The rest of the bits (forks and bars) where my choice to upgrade :)

Love the look of yours, would love to single speed mine as it looks really cool but I doubt it's for me :LOL:

Latest posts

Back