have'nt a clue what this is...

iow tom

Retro Guru
hi all. i have aquired this bmx and i have no clue what it is.
i was wondering if anyone can shed some light?
i have quite a few bmx bits, some of which i may not need once this is built...

thanks, tom

Attachments

• my bmx.jpg
    my bmx.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 8,658
The frame is chrome but now has a fair bit of rust.
Is it worth re-chroming or just sandblasting and powder coating a colour instead?
it came with loads and loads of brand new tyres inc a black and white striped set and a pink set. I might even have a couple blue.
I know the front brake needs setting up. Ive not set up one of those jiro things. Is it hard to do?
anyway, if anyone could give some advice, cheers

That is a mid nineties bike that was badged up by a few companies. I had one that was a pro zone. Townsend use it and a few other companies like concept etc. Low end bike but seen a lot done up as old school replicas and thrown on top of Volkswagens. So unfortunately nothing special but has the right old school look.

T wild, thanks for takin the time to reply.
This may possibly be a falcon?
Ill put a load of the nice bits that came with it, on and just give it a respray. Give it to my daughter to bomb around on.

Yep could be. There were a few companies that used the frame with different bits on. And different stickers. So it wouldn't surprise me falcon did it. If your building it for your daughter I would remove the gyro. They do make the brakes stiffer to pull and unless your going to teach her barspins and tail whips there pointless. Good thing is though it's now not a copy of a 20 year old bike. It is a 20 year old bike so is properly retro.

thanks. my daughter is one, lol. the bike will be for her when she is like 10 so i have plenty time to do it up. she may not want it then and so ill sell it (might get a bit for the parts), and buy her something she actually wants. i also have my eye on an old raleigh twenty or shopper, thats outside a local shop, for her.
thanks for the info/advice T wild

No worries I have a ten year old that's not having my performer. I have a 91 Marin muirwoods 16" that the wife believes is for her but I know it will never happen. Kids are an excelent excuse for old school restoration. Good luck

Back