Dirt Bros

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Early 2Ks is my favourite BMX era as my kids were young teens and we used to spend hours building ramps and small jumps in the back yard. Back in 2003 I bought a new Dirt Bros Shortbus frame from Alans in Wigan - loved it so much I sold it later the same year :roll: to replace it with a later model - the Patriot - but that one was too long for me so it's stay was even shorter. Tried and tried to find another Shortbus but I think they all died - googling only turns up pics of broken ones :cry:

Fast forward to 2008 and Alans had a couple of NOS Trail R Park frames on offer - one was particularly reduced as the seat stay bends were asymmetrical - purely cosmetic as the brake mounts were fine, just looked a bit off. Anyway, deal was done and frame built up mid-school stylee - this one was perfect - a tad longer than the Shortbus but pretty much spot on.

p5pb12824907.jpg

Still, a woman has to move on :LOL: and new projects beckoned meaning that the little Trail R Park went the way of the 'bay, although my search continued through the years for another Shortbus. Fast forward to October last year and I spotted a Trail R Park frame on ebay - would've been rude not to and I'm always game for another project so several days later it appeared on my doorstep . . .

p5pb12842783.jpg

What!? Asymmetric seat stay bends!! It was only my old frame :p Even had the paint chips out of the BB shell where I spent all day wrecking my kitchen floor hammering the cups in :oops:

It's still here (gotta be a record for me right?) and I love it :p (just need to replace that cheapo stem with a Primo Casket).

p5pb12845329.jpg

Re:

What a great story, has made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :) I'm guessing its staying firmly put now?

Early 2Ks is my favourite BMX era as my kids were young teens and we used to spend hours building ramps and small jumps in the back yard. Back in 2003 I bought a new Dirt Bros Shortbus frame from Alans in Wigan - loved it so much I sold it later the same year :roll: to replace it with a later model - the Patriot - but that one was too long for me so it's stay was even shorter. Tried and tried to find another Shortbus but I think they all died - googling only turns up pics of broken ones 😢

Fast forward to 2008 and Alans had a couple of NOS Trail R Park frames on offer - one was particularly reduced as the seat stay bends were asymmetrical - purely cosmetic as the brake mounts were fine, just looked a bit off. Anyway, deal was done and frame built up mid-school stylee - this one was perfect - a tad longer than the Shortbus but pretty much spot on.

p5pb12824907.jpg

Still, a woman has to move on :LOL: and new projects beckoned meaning that the little Trail R Park went the way of the 'bay, although my search continued through the years for another Shortbus. Fast forward to October last year and I spotted a Trail R Park frame on ebay - would've been rude not to and I'm always game for another project so several days later it appeared on my doorstep . . .

p5pb12842783.jpg

What!? Asymmetric seat stay bends!! It was only my old frame :p Even had the paint chips out of the BB shell where I spent all day wrecking my kitchen floor hammering the cups in :oops:

It's still here (gotta be a record for me right?) and I love it :p (just need to replace that cheapo stem with a Primo Casket).

p5pb12845329.jpg
Wish id have seen this sooner, I've got a shortbus frame in my attic!

Yes, great story! And, love the bike, nicely done 👍

Also, great to see this neglected thread getting attention, I love BMX 😁

Back