Formula 1 BMX (that dead end offshoot)

Mogsy

Retro Newbie
Bought this oddity on Fleabay a year or two back. A lot of what appear to be factory decals 'Shimano Tengai F1' No frame number found but has a lot of shimano branded parts and a BioPace 2x10 gearset and SIS thumb shifters.
ShimanoTengaiF1Ninja_0002_zps7bb23a2a.jpg
[/url][/img]
What do you think...? Restore to spec as found or customize into something different? I cant see any value in it and I only gave £35 for the wee beastie.

Totally cool.. I'd be tempted to replace the stem & maybe swap the chainrings for some more 'sensible' ones, but that would be a hoot!

Added another thing to the list of "things I never knew I needed but now I do.."

Re:

I recall back in the 80's there was a US craze using bikes like yours to go downhill racing down windy roads clad with body amour and full face helmets. A number of well known BMX brands made them with the aero type sloping tubes and wheel covers.

I remember a mate having one of these, he was 2 years or so older than me and I was probably 8 or 9 at the time. It was a red one with black wheel discs. We wen to his local bmx track and I tried to impress on the diary jump. Landing totally wrong on the front wheel it slid out from under me and I walked away with some grazed elbows and knees.

Ahhh fun times. Wish I still had the burners I had when I was a kid.

Back