Unknown Old School Freestyle Frame - Any Ideas??

MartyP

Dirt Disciple
Found this hand-painted chrome 80s freestyle frame the other day. Absolutely no idea what it is but it does look well built, lovely welds, proper chrome, light so cromoly probably... details of note are the curved brake bridge, matching curved seat-tube bridge and strange coaster bracket on the LH rear loop.

The other thing of note is that the frame number on the BB shell is 218 so obviously low production maker...

Shame about the top of the seat-tube but hopefully can can that fixed if it ends up worth it???

The coaster bracket makes me think USA built probably ??...

Any ideas folks??

Cheers,
Marty

Attachments

• Full Frame.jpg
    Full Frame.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 6,743
  • Brake Bridge.jpg
    Brake Bridge.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 6,743
  • Coaster.jpg
    Coaster.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 6,743
  • Gusset.jpg
    Gusset.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 6,743
  • BB.jpg
    BB.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 6,743
  • Forks.jpg
    Forks.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 6,743
Re:

Not sure what it is but found this picture on BMX museum. Looks similar to what you have but no details.

Simon

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_87HutchExel.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_87HutchExel.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 6,613
Re:

Hey Marty found it! Its a Hutch Exel not sure the exact year. Not seen any with the coaster brake bracket. Could be USA or made overseas? Think they were made 84-89.

Simon

Re:

Thanks for those suggestions but, I put it on the BMX Museum forum and turns out it's an ultra rare Pro-Lite Craig Campbell Freestyler from 1985! A very well regarded frame by all accounts!
Cheers Anyway!

Re:

That's even better news! Had a few Americans scratching heads. The brace on the rear loop I hadn't seen on any Hutches and wasn't convinced. The plain forks also, no peg holes. Great find and are you going to restore it?

Simon

Back