Diamondback Venom

Imadeitmeself

Dirt Disciple
Well I had not ridden a BMX since my Mini Burner when I was a kid, but I have had a hankering for one for the last couple of years but just never got round to looking for one.

Anyhow a couple of weeks back things were quiet at work, so my mate suggested he bought his lads BMX in for a spruce up. This he duly did & between us we stripped it in a day & regreased, adjusted, repaired, tidied up the paintwork etc. By the afternoon we were both racing it round the car park & over some makeshift ramps!!

Well it re-ignited my BMX hankering !! So a quick look on ebay saw a Diamondback Venom local to me with 2 days to go & no bids. I chucked in a bid & waited.... £25 later it was mine.

I picked it up last week & a couple of evenings in the workshop has seen it stripped & rebuilt. It appears not to have done much, looks like it just sat in the shed getting knocked about most of its life!
I've left the paintwork as is, just a bit of T-cut to bring it up a bit, Autosol on the chrome, new front brake cable, made some rear wheel adjusters as none were on it (did they have them originally?)
Took off the bits I am not likely to need, reflectors, Stunt pegs etc.

I do not know too much about the Venoms, are they considered good? Think from what I have seen its from around 1996/97 ??

Anyhow couple of Pix!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 6,306
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 6,305
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 6,306
Re:

Nice Mid School ride there, love the fact it looks original spec too :) and love the fact you are keeping the patina and not going for a respray etc.

Lovely bike indeed :D

Jussa

Re:

Thanks! I always try to leave my bikes paintwork 'as is' for exactly that reason I too like the Patina, unless of course they are too far gone.
Also, my thinking is, if you are going to ride the things they are likely to get knocked about a bit anyway.

Back