Haro now thats a name i recall

painter09

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
during visits to our caravan I decided to take the kids to the local skate park for a day out with their scooters, my eldest lad 14 didn't take long to mix it in with the local lads and a you ride mine and I ride yours came off giving my lad a taste for bmx bikes and leaving him seeing mountain bikes as a thing of the past, so the hunt for a bmx soon followed, a few good names popped up in our search such as ( stolen, we the people ect ) but looking in the used market it soon became apparent that some of these bikes were to well used and the words money pit sprang to mind, then whilst browsing the evil bay a name from the past came up ( Haro ) to be precise an Haro 500.3 and a google search showed it to be a 2011 bike with a £600 price tag :shock: the one on ebay had a start bid of £75 with a reserve to hit :| but watching the bids start and slowly rise I sneaked a last second bid at £100 to be told im the highest but reserve not met :facepalm: and so the bike was relisted, a few messages with the seller informed me the bike was in an immaculate 1 ride old condition with no ware tare dings or dents and so the question how much to end the listing was sent half expecting offers over £200 as per similar listings I had seen for this model, imagine my surprise when the how does £125 sound :shock: arrived, a quick phone number exchange and our regular trip to the caravan saw the bike being collected and in the condition as described :D , another trip to the skate park was made and as per last time my lad found one of the fold to join and another giz a go ensued with a few recommendations on upgrades and make it a little lighter comments, so as it seems uncool to have brakes the first thing to go is the front brake along with the giro unit for the rear in place of a single cable rear brake set up ( if hes using it for school hes having a brake ;) ) also on the to go list in the near future is the forks in favour of some nice carbon fibre to lose a few extra grams off the weight, but even as it is hes an happy chappy and more than made up with the old school name Haro :D

Attachments

• $(KGrHqVHJCEFJKy9ScGpBSWp2,VC4Q~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqVHJCEFJKy9ScGpBSWp2,VC4Q~~60_58.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3,112
  • $(KGrHqJ,!qYFJStl!MvRBSWp0DfG(Q~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!qYFJStl!MvRBSWp0DfG(Q~~60_58.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 3,112

Latest posts

Back