Castle Howard

CastleHoward-GardenSide_zps540b67b7.jpg

Location - Sheriff Hutton

Distance - 18 miles

Difficulty Rating - 3/5

Post Code - YO60 6RG

Grid Ref - SE652664

Time :: 10.00am for a 10.30am start.

Car Parking - I have permission for up to 6 cars to park in the village hall car park on finkle street, that will be a first come first served basis and there is on road parking available for any extra cars. The village hall committee would appreciate a small donation as they are entirely self funded so I think its fair we give them a couple of quid per car.

Terrain - 85% off road with a good amount of singletrack, the rest on quiet country roads.

Refreshments - We will stop for lunch at Castle Howard itself so prepare for stately home prices or bring your own snacks :LOL:

castlehoward_zps6727b066.jpg

A relatively easy route but could well be very muddy in places. We will follow the road out of Sheriff Hutton for a short distance before joining the bridleways that will take us in a large loop that will circle Castle Howard, a short diversion at roughly half distance will take us into the magnificent houses grounds were we will have a good look around and maybe a nice afternoon tea.

castlehowardroute2_zpsd388020e.jpg

Hope to see you all there,

Chris.

castlehowardroute3_zpsc164f5dd.jpg

Confirmed riders

chrisv40
fluffychicken
jameslee
Kenaltobelli
dand
spudly
Longun

Looks good chris I'm sure I'll be along for a spot of snobbery and iced tea, now where's jeeves.......

probobly as the wife et al are away for a few days, lets hope it dries a little!!!!

wet, cold, slushy and shit here lol, the main reason i aint ridden locally this year......oh the shame :(

Re:

Just got back from our weekly night ride, lovely combination of snow, sheet ice and sloppy mud tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back