Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Binbrook : Remembrance
Sunday 9th Nov 2014
9:30 for 10:00am start
Market Place, Binbrook, LN8 6

A great ride and a regular event on our calendar, the route is approx 20 miles long on a mix of singletrack, doubletrack and quiet country roads.
There are a few hills but nothing demanding.
We are going to visit the now practically derelict former RAF Binbrook, WW2 home of squadron 460 flying Lancaster bombers and latterly home to the awesome English Electric Lightning an example of which is hopefully still there for you to look at. The movie Memphis Belle was filmed at the airfield in 1989.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Re:

Well I will obviously be there, love this ride, even more so with last years addition increasing the mileage!

I can't make it, due to my position at work I am responsible for what is known as 'Out of Hours Major Incident Management'. I do this one week in three and I don't get paid for it. If my employer, 3.7 billion turnover, has a major outage I have to act as the management coordinator for all internal and external third party resources. This is to be done from the Monday through to the following Monday, meaning that one week in three I can't realistically leave the house for more than 30 minutes.

Work is great.

This is one of the reasons I've been off the scene recently. I can't be on the moors and complete the 'MIM' work at the same time.

Apols guys.

Re:

Should be unless we have biblical rain. Snow didn't scare us a few years ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back