Stolen bike, Grimsby

titch__16

Retro Guru
Not entirely sure if this is the right section for this but seems like it should be.

I don't have any photos but it is quite a recognizable bike. Large polished al frame (with some clear coat on it still) with no stickers except one dealer sticker which was half removed. It also has a custom made rear disc brake mount using a sheet of al.

Forks; RS Dart, Black
Bars and stem; Azonic Black cant remember the model, but really short stem
Brakes; Avid BB5 with Single Digit levers all black
Shifter; Deore rear with missing cover Black
Crank; Black Shimano, Triple
Pedals; SPD Icon Grey
Wheels; WTB SX24
Tyres; WTB Nano Raptor
Cassette; 8 Speed Shimano
Derailleur; Tourney Black

The mismatch of parts should make it stand out, and though i realise there is a low chance of seeing it again, I can at least do as much as possible. So if anyone has any information it would be very much appreciated or even any tips on what i could do.

Thanks.

Might get some of the parts back!

Re:

A bike came into the shop I work at for some small part replacements, and I noticed that it had a load of my parts. He apparently bought from some random guy who offered it to him for £60 on the street. After talking to the police, showing them many photos of the parts on my bikes and pointing out damage that I had done, and what logos were under paint used to hide what the parts were. They basically said I couldn't prove they were mine!
I do now have the forks, bars, stem, wheels, tires, levers, shifter and cranks, but only because I had to buy them from the person who 'owned' them!
Brake levers snapped, bars and stem covered in paint and various hammered marks, rear wheel axle and freehub all loose and wobbling. No frame which was what I mainly wanted back but at least I got parts even though I had to pay for them.

From what the police said, it seems like you can go out steal a frame and swap the parts and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Ridiculous that this is what is called justice now.

Re:

There were no numbers on the parts I guess. Surprised the police didn't follow up a trail back though. They are quite hot on that over the humber.

Re:

I told them what the dates stamped on the levers were and about half of the serial on the fork steerer, but other than that there was nothing else.
I think bike theft is seen as a lost cause most of the time and even when reporting it, not even nearly enough detail is taken.
The last 2 times I have reported it I wasn't asked what any of the parts were or if there were any other identifying features. The police seem to believe that knowing make, model and colour of a frame is enough. Bike thieves seem to know this so there is no deterrent.

Re:

Police don't, at !east the ones around here (tother side of humber) They wanted as much as possible when mine went.

I emailed pictures in and information about it (all three of them)

This helped them a lot when they raided someplace sometime later as they recover my bikes and identified them as they stood out amolng the mass of crap black or grey bikes as it was put, they hate them as they're all the same and nothing stands out.

Latest posts

Back