Sunday July 20th - Le Tour de Humber

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
A change to the norm here with a road ride!

A relatively flat 72 mile round trip of the River Humber crossing the Humber Bridge, the River Trent at Gunness and then the River Ouse in Goole.

The majority of the mileage will be on quiet country roads.

I am sure we will pass a few country pubs but as I haven't recce'd this route I suggest we all bring some sandwiches and snacks and try to be self sufficient just in case.

Please dont be put off if you dont have a proper road bike, I will be riding my mtb/hybrid with slicks and i'm sure there will be a few other mtb's on this ride.

Please meet at 9.30am for a 10am prompt departure.

Park near the telephone box on Dale Road, Welton, HU15 1PE - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.73417 ... 4J_PYQ!2e0

Re:

Full details now up ;)

Confirmed riders so far,

Chrisv40 +1 (Adam)
Trebz
DanD +1
Spudly
Unclejack

Though I'm not there I would suggest eating at the cafe in Alkborough (Paddocks Tea Room). Nice pleasant you know it and has a shed to eat in :)
That's 20 miles in.

Then given it's 71 miles another stop at 45 miles in? Which would be smack bang in Goole. Given your bikes will be half inched it may be a problem, so another 5 miles and is Howden any safer?

Strava is estimating the ride will take 7hrs 28 mins riding time at my current average (9.5mph it seems).
Though keep up ~14mph average and 5 hrs riding time and two 30 mins stops. No chat at the start and stopping in the ride and you'll be finished at 4:00pm.

So 6:30pm in Green Dragon when you get back then.

Hope the weather stay good for the ride.

Back