Sherwood Pines, the aftermath!

Spudly

Retrobike Rider
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Well a brilliant ride was had by all, nine of us in all, didnt catch everyones names as im crap with names until ive met people a few times lol!

We got there to find Trebz was already there, myself DanD and Chrisv40, not long after Fluffychicken landed and a few others, Captain cosmic was one, along with a friend who isnt a member.

Didnt get many pics though, i did however take a few amusing videos of Trebz showing us how jumps are done one one of the sections this afternoon on the read route....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISuuIFZ8s0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxfisQESQFQ

Which produced some amusing stills when i paused and screenshot the pics on my phone...

null_zps72d30c13.png

null_zpsb8b5436f.png

Going..

null_zps513948d2.png

Going...

null_zps6cbadb35.png

Going....

null_zpsfbf2ed07.png

Going.....

null_zps19fe31ee.png

Gone......

null_zps4aee6405.png

And just a quicky to show the kind of riding there is in the woods at the pines, its awesome!

null_zpsbd8e7f08.jpg

Really enjoyed today. Thanks for the invitation. The Pines was riding really well considering the downpours we had yesterday. Thanks to Mat for the morning's off piste fun particularly the dense pine runs, and the trenches.
The new downhill section in the afternoon was so good we had to do it twice,and another highlight of the day had to be the lad on the trials bike doing a full forward somersault on the jumps.
Look forward to the next time. All the best and thanks again.
Rob

Hey Rob, was good to meet you, thats why i didnt catch your username as i didnt know it haha, sorry if i was holding you up this afternoon, my legs are aching really bad now (fubarred knees for you) the off-piste bits were fantastic, we need to go back and do that ride again, before next year i reckon!

And i actually enjoyed the DH section, i wish id have gone a little faster on the second run at it though!

John.

Excellent pictures Spud. Thanks for capturing my 'Off' hehe. What an ar5e hehehe

I was doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISuuIFZ8s0

But it felt like I was doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbF6ZZqVMyk

If anyone else has pictures from today please let us know, it was a great ride and I'd love to capture as much of it as I can. Spud, I'll PM you my email address, if you could email me the pics it would be much appreciated.

Seems really daft but I was shaking like a leaf after parts of the ride today, such a great buzz of a ride and a great bunch of guys thrown in to boot.

I also managed to get covered in 'Dog Egg' (Sorry about the stench guys) and write off my Bontrager Ti saddle. I'm a bit gutted about that but...who cares...it's only some old bike saddle.. with Titanium rails..rare as hens teeth....and the original price sticker still attached (£39.99). :-( My ar5e is as sore as hell as I spent the last part of the ride partially sat on the top end of a USE seatpost. (No jokes please Chris / Spudly)

I'll be riding the Sherwood Pines routes again for sure. I was shocked at how close it is to me actually, Only took me 40 minutes or so to get home.

Can I also offer a warm Retrobike welcome to 'Jez', you'll see him riding the Specialized Epic in the pictures. I think after the last two rides Jez may be joining us for a few rides now and then :) He's looking for a Retro full suspension bike by the way. If anyone has something of interest let me know.

My pics below:

GEDC2454_zps73662e3f.jpg

GEDC2453_zps67f5e124.jpg

GEDC2457_zps9736c241.jpg

GEDC2458_zps1ca1c319.jpg

GEDC2461_zps27879964.jpg

GEDC2464_zps3842f7d0.jpg

GEDC2465_zpsb29e2919.jpg

GEDC2466_zps71dd1d18.jpg

GEDC2474_zps5dee51dc.jpg

GEDC2479_zps07cf1810.jpg

GEDC2481_zps5b21b03a.jpg

GEDC2480_zps1276b37c.jpg

GEDC2493_zpsfff0cdbe.jpg

GEDC2494_zps0c486d7a.jpg

GEDC2496_zps35cdf1b6.jpg

GEDC2497_zpsb1b8f3ef.jpg

Hello all,

thanks for a good day and making me feel welcome. Sorry for letting you all down with a modern bike, i'll try and sort it out for next time.

Huge thanks to those that attended and glad the Pines virgins enjoyed it so much!

Matt you were an absolute star for turning up with the hangover from hell to guide us through the forests best hidden off piste sections in the morning, there is no way any of us would have found our way through there without you :LOL:

After our leisurely lunch the afternoon flew by riding the red route, the first time I've ridden the full length of Kitcheners and I loved all of it.

Trebz provided the impromptu light entertainment by perfecting his jumping skills sometimes unsuccessfully in the old army practise trenches ;)

A nice quiet drive home with a much needed beer stop finished the day off perfectly and I'm sure we will be revisiting Sherwood Pines again this summer.

Sorry no pics worthy of posting from me but I think there's plenty to come from the others.

See you all soon,

Chris.

Jezmellors":3iux5qna said:
Hello all,

thanks for a good day and making me feel welcome. Sorry for letting you all down with a modern bike, i'll try and sort it out for next time.

It's ok Jez, you can make your new bike Retro in two easy steps:

1. Remove the brakes. We have to suffer, so should you.
2. Weld your suspension solid. (See comment above).

:)

Jezmellors":wbqf5nam said:
Hello all,

Dont worry about it, there are a few mountain goats with us, but the rest all set their own pace, you werent in anyones way as we dont leave peeps behind, was good to meet you, and i hope to see you on the trails again in the not too distant future!

Rich, awesome pics mate, glad you got one of me wheelieing :cool:

Spudly":3w0m28az said:
Jezmellors":3w0m28az said:
Hello all,

Dont worry about it, there are a few mountain goats with us, but the rest all set their own pace, you werent in anyones way as we dont leave peeps behind, was good to meet you, and i hope to see you on the trails again in the not too distant future!

Rich, awesome pics mate, glad you got one of me wheelieing :cool:

I touched your bum.

Looks like a good ride had by all! I havn't been down that way in ages, next time maybe.

Weather pretty much held up for you, you don't want it too warm on a bike. :)

trebz, glad you are unhurt by the crash AND hope you havn't scratched the 'flex or owt. It's not a toy ya know ;) . :LOL:

RIGHT! bath and bed guys(unless you have just ordered a take away) :D

Back