25th May
&
19th October
- Sheffield Cycle Jumble Event
- St.Mary's Church Community Centre, S2 4QZ

Old Ned just posted this
viewtopic.php?p=1899544#p1899544

bygone bykes club annual show
Saturday June 15th in Sheffield as last year. The previous organiser has 'retired' so the new one took over and he lives in Sheffield so.............

Same venue as the jumbles - St Mary's Church.

Nothing on our calendar, time to get a ride organised ?

Any news on the proposed sheff jumble? i've been on the bike jumble website and nothing suggests it is cancelled at st marys church.

I'm hoping to go you see, large, loads of filth and not too far away. Hoping to blag a lift too as Leeds rail station is just bedlam.

URGENT MESSAGE. The 2013 York Cycle Show has been cancelled. Below the text of a Press Release.

Organisers of the annual CTC York Cycle show have had to cancel their planned 2013 event, due to have been held on the City’s Knavesmire over the June 22nd/23rd weekend.

Committee Chair Paul Hepworth of Holgate, York said ”Advance bookings by traders and visitors this year, are well below expectations. Last year’s horrendous weather depleted our attendance and income, and this year’s uncertain summer forecasts do not give cause for public optimism.

Changes in personal leisure and retail spending, plus increasing travel costs and the squeeze on personal finances have also influenced our visitor market . Our financial reserves have been depleted by all these factors, over the last two years. It is increasingly difficult to compete with other major cycling events which, unlike us have commercial sponsorship.”

Mr Hepworth continued “We have previously discussed involvement in the 2014 “Tour de France” and hope to bring the Cycle Show back in some form, as part of the activities associated with the “Grand Depart” in Yorkshire.

Other local CTC groups in Yorkshire are planning TdF related events, during the “Grand Depart” period, and to help build a “follow on” cycling legacy.

Thanks ben.

They could of at least run the jumble! I mean, who wants to see old bikes anyway ;)

Looking out the window as i type (light rain) i can't fault their decision. :eek:

marc two tone":26rnxl8z said:
**UPDATE**

sheffield st mary's bramall lane is on! just had word from the organiser ;)

Anyone going down on saturday?

You mean... Saturday the 25th .... my Payday.... ?

Back