Lincolnshire and the East Riding.

roadking

Senior Retro Guru
Question,

and not too difficult !

Does anyone on this forum actually ride a bicycle in Lincolnshire or the East Riding (that's Yorkshire btw) ?

Roadking.

Re:

Yes, but not many read retrobike now.

Not sure how many road bike users there are on here.

There are not that many, four or five of us up in my area of the East riding, longing and another chap N/NE Lincolnshire.
And iirc one or two on the upper East Riding/NYorks borders.

Of them few around my way it's currently irregular riding due to not being able to get out.

Anyone else reading wish to own up to riding a bike?

Evening Gents,
I’m just North East of Driffield, I keep my eye out for retro rides in the Yorkshire Wolds area but so far (since I got back into riding a few years ago) I’ve only gone out either on my own or with my children. I’d like to meet up for a ride one Sunday if you guys want to cross the Humber.

roadking":bhjggjwr said:
Question,

and not too difficult !

Does anyone on this forum actually ride a bicycle in Lincolnshire or the East Riding (that's Yorkshire btw) ?

Roadking.

yes but not road. haven't seen you at any of the organised rides we've done either though. peaks next month sir?

PeachyPM":1zh2m5t1 said:
Evening Gents,
I’m just North East of Driffield, I keep my eye out for retro rides in the Yorkshire Wolds area but so far (since I got back into riding a few years ago) I’ve only gone out either on my own or with my children. I’d like to meet up for a ride one Sunday if you guys want to cross the Humber.

We (the near Hull lot) haven't got out much on a Sunday for a while.

I'll see if we can get some people.out, now that dreadful hot weather is out the way. ;-)

Though some of them have sworn never to ride nr Wetwang again.
What's it like you side of Driffield?

Also I think there is a "ride(s)" on one of the November weekends at Cropton on the south of the moors.
"ride" as it happens to be a beer festival.

Re:

I was actually out on the Wednesday, I did get a flat tyre and my lovely wife came to the rescue (as I wasn't far from home then).
Lovely night

Re: Re:

longun":l886r2rf said:
yesterday

Where’s that? Looks like the Driffield Navigation or are you still south of the Big Brown River?

FluffyChicken":15q4rvhi said:
We (the near Hull lot) haven't got out much on a Sunday for a while.

I'll see if we can get some people.out, now that dreadful hot weather is out the way. ;-)

Though some of them have sworn never to ride nr Wetwang again.
What's it like you side of Driffield?

If you don’t want too much elevation change and or too much fast traffic, there are a number of flat-ish runs along what used to be river beds or along the bottom of The Great Wolds Valley

There’s a couple of reputable refreshment spots along the way as well! :LOL:

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    106 KB · Views: 7,880
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    112.9 KB · Views: 7,880
Re:

I think it was the "swimming" along the tracks that put them off 'wetwang' area.

Hills are not a problem (though it's only light hills around the southern Yorkshire Wolds where we ride (most often).
And over that there bridge in LongunLand.

Reminds me I need to get myself and eldest child over to korc sport (or proper name ?)

Back