Sheerwood pines 26th february and aftermath pg7

Re:

Sherwood Pines Forest has been closed today due to Doris.
Today (Thurs afternoon) they've mentioned they've had a good battering so far.
Hopefully they can get the trails safe and tidied up by Sunday.

Thanks to spud for pointing this out.

Wow! Storm Doris is really giving us a battering. The forest is still closed to visitors and will remain closed for the rest of the day.

Even once the storm has passed, there are a number of safety checks we need to perform and repair work to be carried out to ensure the impacts of the storm are not dangerous for visitors. Although our forests are great places to visit all year round, in high winds it can be really dangerous, as branches are at risk of falling and in some cases whole trees have been uprooted. We will update Facebook once the forest park is safe and reopen to visitors.
That was 3:00pm

Re: Sheerwood pines 26th february

great ride around clipstone today, a few puddles but mostly dry. the few trees scattered about were being sorted by the forestry commission, doing grande job as well.......................so alls good for sunday :)

dont forget your swag ;)

Re:

Shame, they should leave the branches and logs there to make it more technical.
And we would feel at home having the jump the walkers logs they put across the tracks.

Re:

Hi boys.......in short I have to pull out........Doris has relieved me of a garden fence, and it's turned into a three man weekend job.......sorry!......

Re:

I can't make it today. I'd forgotten about a family engagement this afternoon. I hope you all have a great time.

Re:

Really good day today peeps, cheers to all that came and had a laugh, twenty-two riders today, awesome turnout, hope you all enjoyed it!

Back