Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I’m sure by now you’ll all have seen the slightly obscure references to 05/05/2010. Now all can be revealed.

At 20:00 hours (that’s 8pm in imperial) on 5th May 2010 the first ever Retrobike Global Nightride will start. As the clock strikes 20:00 local time we get on our retro bikes for a ride, be it individually or in groups. It matters not where- it could be desert, mountain, moorland, parkland, urban, city canal path, whatever. Even just a 10 minute lap around the park would do. The first riders will be heading out at 20:00 local time in Australia, the last ride’s 20:00 local time on the West Coast of the USA.

So, let's find out who'll be riding what, where :cool:

It'll either be a solo local track bimble for me, or possibly hooking up with my trusty Deputy AEC Dave (aka lewis1641) for a spin.

Might even break in my NOS framed Saracen Protrax for the occasion :cool:

on a wednesday at that time it'll be the avanti road bike..... with downtube shifters!

raliegh clunker ,lomonds ,with 2 big dogs

wont even be dark

are we all doing photo evidence ?

So there you have it. ;)

Just to expand a little on the concept. We would like you to take a picture whilst out on your ride. We will then set up a thread on the day where you can post the pic and a one line description on where you went and what you rode- no chat, just pics. When all the pics are up we will then put all the names of those who took part into a hat and one lucky rider will win a very special prize!

We have already had confirmation from some big names in Mountain Biking that they will be joining us for the night and we will update this thread in the run up to the event. All area groups will be putting on a ride so check the Area Sections to see what is happening near you.

So, 5th of May, 20:00hrs local time. Don't be late now and keep it Retro!

Si

Bit of luck

I'm guiding the night ride in Dalby on Wednesday night, with a curry at the end, the route will be the original red route, well before they even thought of waymarked man made trails

Keepin' it old Skool ;)

What a great idea! It's like Earth Hour, except this will mean something ;)

A good time to Christen the IF I think :cool:

I'm going to try for Big Ben striking 8pm on my RC100 or 200 if any one else is about in London.

Edit: Infact if its dry and I can find an armed guard or two, I may even go for it on the RC500! (not the best city bike in the world but hey!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back