Well what a day that was. Got home just before 8 this evening after leaving at 5 this morning
But it was certainly worth it as i'm now a member of 100
club, coming back with 32 minutes to spare at 16:28. Rode my own ride as the challenge was very much the distance for me today, but got to meet RB'ers new and old.
- Always enjoy the first 5km with everybody bunched up, its utter chaos but great fun.
- The dusty trails, some really great fast flowing sections out on the course.
- The ti-mega, what a pleasure to ride now i'm getting to grips with it.
- Blasting past modern riders on the downhills on my rigid alpinestars
- Seeing retrobikers that i've not seen for a while (for geographical reasons), great to see you all again.
- Finally reaching the finish, the last 45km went on forever!
- Cramp, cramp and more cramp. Put alot of effort into eating and drinking regularly and taking in the right things, but the cramp hit me bad on the last 45km.
- Getting going again after the cake stop, it took a while to get any kind of rhyme going after filling my face with flapjack!
- Not seeing a single RB'er at the finishing line, I guess you were all home and bathed by the time I arrived back!
A happy bike:
Will see you all again next year.