Wst Midlands Ride Aftermath

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
The weather forecast was for rain and more rain but that didn't stop Dave J, Carol, the Big Man Rocky and I heading off on a hilly road ride. Stats will doubtless follow from Dave's GPS but the driving rain couldn't dampen our spirits and we had a cracking, scenic and very muddy (!) ride all finished off with homemade sausage casserole and lashings of ginger beer.

West Midlands - this is how we roll.

Attachments

• Post ride feed.JPG
    Post ride feed.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,432
  • Muddy Virus.JPG
    Muddy Virus.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,432
  • Evidence of Spring.JPG
    Evidence of Spring.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,432
mmm, any casserole left?

Looks like fun, hope to join you in a few weeks for the HONC ride.

Great ride Ed - and despite the mud, not feeling too tired. Perhaps the fitness is coming back.

Or maybe it's the restorative effects of the sausage casserole!

I'll look at my photos and post any good ones tomorrow.

Thanks for organising!

CAS

what a fantastic day`s riding in great company, Trying to upload the stats but cannot upload the graph. It was basically 51 miles with 4680ft of climbing :cool:

Despite the weather forecast and early on showers we battled on through into what turned out to be pretty good weather, Once the mist had cleared we were left with some stunning views.

Big BIG thank you to Ed and Mrs Ed for organising the ride and the feast that followed.

DSC05838.jpg

DSC05839.jpg

DSC05836.jpg

DSC05837.jpg

John":13f5ios1 said:
Looks like a good ride. How long were you out for in the end?

Yeah, a grand day out. We didn't go with Gospel Pass in the end due to concerns over what the weather would be like on higher, exposed ground but even so, with a few stops, we were out for just under 6 hours.

I'll look to schedule another go at Gospel Pass in the next few months.

What a great day. The casserole was cooked to absolute perfection with enough kick to make it tasty but not too spicy to ruin it. And the pudding.........superb!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the ride too! Thanks for organising it Ed, must buy myself a proper bike now! Rock.

Can't add much more to the picture stock - but here's one of daj taking pics of the rest of us!

Attachments

• daj1.jpg
    daj1.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,348
Back