Trips for Kids Charity Event

Repack Rider

Senior Retro Guru
Marilyn Price was elected to the MTB Hall of Fame on the basis of her charity work. Trips for Kids organizes bike rides for kids who would never otherwise get a chance to ride mountain bkes, and the charity also supports several "Re-Cyclery" bike shops where old bikes are dismantled and the used parts sold, and kids learn how to work on bikes. From humble beginnings, the charity now has chapters all over the United States.

Every year Marilyn calls on all her cycling friends for a charity event at the Broken Drum Brewery, which took place yesterday.

I wore the Retrobike colors while someone used my camera to snap a photo of the crowd of colorful MTB characters that is hard to assemble all in one place for any other purpose.

From left, Gary Fisher, Steve Potts, Ned Overend, Yours Truly, "Sky" Yeager (SWOBO), Ross Shafer, Jacquie Phelan (kneeling) Andrew Ritchie (standing), Joe Breeze, Otis Guy, Chris Lang, Marilyn Price, some guy I'm supposed to know but don't, and Noah, who owns the brewery.

Attachments

• Trips_for_Kids.JPG
    Trips_for_Kids.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,547
Did some one tell Gary Fisher it was Fancy dress ?

Looks like fun, why is Jaquie the only one with a beer ?

thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting, CK. The Broken Drum Brewery makes an appearance in Klunkerz, as do many of the cyclists seen here. I recall the Broken Drum Whamber Brew having a nice kick to it:).

Back