Retrobike Spring Meet 07 - The Aftermath

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Other thread is getting a little long, post your thoughts on the 07 Retro meet here. Any pictures, amusing anecdotes, whatever :D

Aplogies for my no show.

I have to fly to Rotterdam Tomorrow early. Catch you all next time.

Looking forward to seeing the pic's!

Well, I hit the jackpot - wife, baby AND dog all sick as, er a dog, last night so no way I'd have made it along.

On the bright side, I am all over the "for sale" forum in case any tasty bits come up while you lot are out riding!

my excuse is ..........................

:oops: I'm unfit, don't get out much, can't drive to the meet, work saturdays and off to the pub .

thats why I couldn't make it ;)

maybe one day eh.

Unfit, baad hangover and hundreds of miles away - my reasons!

Hope you're all having a grand ol' time.
I wanna see some pics later.

Well Grahame and myself are most probably the first home, due to my winning of the coveted "first serious mechanical" award, after having won the "loudest freewheel" - funnily enough the two were related :D

On the super steep climb to Leith Hill tower, my Hugi freewheel suddenly gave up and seemed to implode internally. No way to mend on the trail so both of us who had travelled together turned back and had a (thankfully for me) mostly downhill road ride back to the car park, Grahame towing me on the flat/climbing bits. Hmm maybe I should have left the Crossmax on, or at least greased the innards of the Hugi ... to top it off I scalded my wrist with boiling tea bought at the tower :?

First "physical mechanical" though went to Scarlett who "popped a kneecap" (not my words) within the first two minutes, on the road ride to the start of the trail and had to turn back. Bad luck.

I'll let someone else write about the ride, and get busy with trying to create a gallery with the pictures I had time to take.

I'll just say it started as a nice day weather-wise, but by the time we got to the tower the temperature seemed to have droppped 3-4 degrees, sky turned to dark grey and the wind was blowing our bikes off. It was enough to deter us from trying to get a fix for my rear wheel ...

retro01.jpg

Had a cracking ride thanks chaps - it was great to meet you all although I was disappointed not to meet the Trimble (& jez of course ;) )

We ended up doing about 27 miles apparently so sorry if it was a bit long.

Hopefully you all liked my (semi)local route, I'm up for showing off the many miles of stuff we didn't get a chance to ride if anyone is up for a repeat sometime.
There's a load of good stuff on the south downs too that wutangled or myself would be happy to share too sometime...

Some great machinery about, thanks to those that let me have a play on their pride & joys.

Off to finish bottle of wine

Joe - A.K.A. GravityKarma (black Kona, blue maguras)

who owns the yeti ultimate? nice looking rig :D

sylvain, what age hugi hub? I've had slipping hugi freehub probs, they are fixable.

Back