Purbecks 13th / 14th of February

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone up for a ride this weekend? It loosely coincides with my birthday (30 something or other :? ) and also this year my Fire Mountain has reached the the ripe old age of 20! I've got about half a dozen of my friends confirmed already for this weekend.

The ride will probably be on Saturday unless folk can excuse themselves from Valentines Day on Sunday!

SP

i could be up for this assuming you don't fancy riding at lightspeed!!! free on both days :D

I'll be in Germany, but may be able to make it back for the Sunday (bollox to Valentines....says the single bloke :LOL: ).

If we have much more rain between now and then, most of the good bits of the purbecks will be a swamp!
Was over there last Sunday and most of the good stuff around the golf course was a joke! What wasn't under-water was frozen solid.
Riding on frozen sand was a new experience.

Riding Wareham forest this Sunday so will let you know if thats any better. Could maybe do a Wareham/Corfe/Purbecks route??

I might be up for this I'll have to see nearer the time. Would have been nice out there today!

Wareham Forest could be do-able as my parents live in Wool. I could ride over from there. I also considered Puddletown forest, which is a good laugh.

SP

not done puddle town yet. I bought a book, mountain bike rides in dorset i think its called and am working my way through. Seems good.

I rode Wareham forest on both Saturday and Sunday and really enjoyed it! I think you could work-out a decent route of 25-30 miles with a good mix of firetracks, some great single-track plus there is a man-made circuit in the middle with loads of jumps etc :D
Found a nice pub (called the Silent Women :LOL: ) thats good for a lunch stop.
There are a few Wareham routes on bikely and I'm more than willing to help out with planning a route if you decide to head there (although I cant make the ride :( )

I've a blown up engine at the moment so me coming relys on me fixing it. Unless anyone is passing bridport on the way and feels kind! :D

Back