Glentress Mini Meet- this saturday 19th

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Does anyone fancy a quick blast around selected bits of Red and Black Glentress this Saturday?? Meet at the Hub for 10am. Quick Coffee and then off for a mid afternoon finish.

See you there

Si

I'm a slight mibee, would need someone to agree to an unsavoury shift change but you never know.

ZZ/Velo what are the hills like at the moment?

Pentlands was pretty firm at the weekend - mud had hardened up, with standing water iced over, although the bigger puddles you could plow through and the ice would break (though that could just be because I'm a fat b'stard).

Unless we get a severe cold snap, I'm reckoning GT shouldn't be too bad - the lower trails are reasonably well sheltered in the trees, and it wasn't all that muddy or damp a couple of weeks ago either.

Can't get away for the early start on Saturday unfortunately :( will probably take a trundle down on Sunday though. Enjoy gents!

I was at GT on Saturday - arrived at about 3pm and headed off up the Red as it got dark. There was an old looking Cannondale full suss and an rigid original looking Lavadome parked outside the hub, but after ordering my flapjack and tea they had gone.

I rode my rigid singlespeed Explosif and ancient Yellow Lumi lights. The rest of the gang were on modern bikes with bright HID's and LED's - it was like taking a trollied 2CV to a WC rally :cool:

Fantastic fun, I was not far behind them and I rode all the stupid jumps and drops - it was loonacy :twisted:

Back