Lincoln Ride - Aftermath Thread

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
This is probably going to be the shortest Aftermath Thread in the sites history! :LOL:

Well, the ride was originally planned as involving 6 maybe 8 people.......but turned out to be only 3. Me, my old work colleague Simon and Awkward Kid (aka Oliver).

The day started with, as of Friday, 4 riders planned, but I got a call at 9.45am from LGF (aka Mark) advising he'd only just got up...... :LOL:

So, the 3 of us battled on riding a Pace, Stumpjumper and my modern mate on a Scott Scale.

The weather was breezy, overcast but stayed dry. Trails were a little damp but nothing too bad. We kicked off at 10.30, Oliver peeled off home at just after 12pm and Simon and I carried on until 1.45pm......but stopped briefly to fix a puncture each.....how nice of the farmer to do a spot of hedge trimming :roll:

Well, thats it......as the only banter would be me and Oliver I think once he's posted his pic this thread will close.....so until the next one, goodbye!

PS: For those that didnt make it, the tiffin and apple pies that Kirsten made especially for today are lovely ;)

Attachments

• IMG00056.jpg
    IMG00056.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,663
The day was good, even though there were 2 too many sets of disc brakes and FAR too much suspension travel for my liking! ;)

Next rideout Dave, I'll plan for a Sunday.

As for you LGF, I am disappointed. This ride was planned following your request. You should be ashamed of yourself! :LOL: ;)

Only got two real pics! Those of us using discs had made it to the bottom of the hill and there was such a squeeeeeeel i missed several photo ops whilst covering my ears :LOL: Really cool to ride some new trails and put a face to a name! Nice to meet ya Pickle! (and simon!) Just need someone to clean the bike please :shock: May have the M2 ready for the next one? Oh because i run a boozer i forgot to tell you that by Camelbak was full of beer :shock: Thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it! ;) :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 2,619
  • IMG_0570.JPG
    IMG_0570.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 2,619
  • IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 2,619
Nice one :cool:

Yes, my old XT canti's were squeeling like a pig weren't they! :oops: Still, great for warning walkers when gunning it along the top of South Common :LOL:

neilll":1msdog1a said:
Where was the ride?

you chaps aren't that far from Beirut.

Cheeky git!

Started at Branston then out to Mere, Bracebridge Heath, Waddington, around the edge of Lincoln, Canwick, Heighington and back to Branston.

So no, nowhere near Beirut this week.

Pickle":2k3gsprf said:
Cheeky git!

Started at Branston............

Beirut is where I live ;)

You're about 90 mins from me.....I'm maybe up for the next one if its on a Sunday :)

I'll bring something rare and unusual :cool:

Back