Merida Brass Monkeys RD1 aftermath + pics

Cool, I'll see you there then! I'm also entered in the four hour but I've got a good dose of man-flu at the moment, so I don't think I'm going to be very quick.

I'll be riding retro as my modern Kona has a crack in it. The frame is being sent off to Paligap on Monday to see if they will replace it. Still, who needs wimpy 100mm suspension and XTR disc brakes when you've got Pace RC35s and Deore DX?!?!?

To make me look extra retro a mate has let me have his 1994 Avenir helmet so I'll look a right prat!

SP

Well, I've still go man-flu, there's a severe weather warning and I'll be riding retro - joy! Oh and they've reached the 400 rider limit and have increased the field to 500.

Onza Porcs are fine in the wet, right.....? :LOL:

SP

Good luck boyz, looks like its going to be a mud bath :shock: Although i'm told the course is holding up, thats until 500 riders hit it :roll:

Humm, well the tarmac bit held up well... Did 4 laps then was too cold / wet to be arsed to go for a fifth. Good interesting course but it cut up badly in places, plus the endless rain didn't help. Brakes shot (inc worn disks), BB shot, drivetrain ??? :cry:

I could have said i'm glad i wasn't there, then i had to spend 4 hrs in the pouring freezing cold rain and wind fixing my wall/fence that was blown down. Would rather have got wet riding.

I was proudly flying the RetroBike flag, so in your face all those who took the p**s on the start line! I kicked 60 under-40 rider's arses (my 2 hour class) coming in 20th, I was quite pleased :)

Check out the helmet!

SP

Attachments

• Winte_Warmer_3.JPG
    Winte_Warmer_3.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,366
  • Winte_Warmer_2.JPG
    Winte_Warmer_2.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,366
Back