Ok you horrible lot

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Now that there seems to be a good load of retro-lovers out there.....just look at the amount of people who are members....

WHENS THE NEXT ROCKING RETRO MEET GUNNA BE?

I'm all up for action now having been out on a bike twice this week (I know, dont start....)

Come on! Nominations!

dunno, only keep a rough track. basic commute is 80miles a week, then a few rides a week on top of that. Summer mileage (with more light, drier faster trails) tends to be more. Pretty rare to do less than 50miles on a sunday in summer (50miles in warwick might be easy, 50miles in the brecon beacons is pretty hard ;D

3 years ago me & curly did cwmcarn to penyfan (2950ft highest point in s.wales & s.england) & back. its around 85miles with 17K ft of climbing. Think I did that ride 4times in 05. Got a monster 120mile route same as penyfan, but coming back via the black mountains & sugarloaf. looks around 21K ft of climbing. I reckon around 12-13hr ride.

If anyone doesnt believe me, you're more than welcome to meet up with me & my boys for a ride any sunday :D

But hey, as long as you're having fun yeh :)

I vote scant carries ALL the gear ( including my mahogany cocktail cabinet-a must for convivial retro meets ).

hahaha :)

You know I dont actually ride retro bikes yeh? they're just for hanging on the wall. modern stuff for actual riding.. maybe I should buy a bob trailor for the cocktail cabinet? ;D hahaha

Mike! You don't ride your retro!? Not even in the summer on easy rides? :shock:
I can understand it though. I'd hate to bash one up!
My main ride is an '04 Black Widow, but the KK and Merlin get out and so will the Yo in the summer months, obviously it won't go to the Peaks/Wales etc but it aint gonna be any garage queen!
;)

I live in wales tho mate. the brecon beacons national park starts 1 mile north of my place.
reasons are 2 fold:
1, they're too pretty to trash
2, these days I'm on 100mm travel forks (that actually work) & disk brakes (that actually stop), parts that dont snap & dont need constant attention!

yeh sure people can happily ride retro. Some of my mates are still riding their 91 bikes as their regular rides! Times have moved on tho. My XC FS rig has 4in of suspension front & rear. disk brakes, everything work amazingly well AND it weighs 6lbs less than my fully rigid yeti FRO.

Any of you guys are more than welcome to hook up me for a ride. Next propper ride is sat 11th feb @ c-y-b.

I'm taking me geared Bonty to Scotland's 7 Stanes in April....see if I can snap the bugger. I think I have a viking attiude towards old bikes......they must have GLORIOUS deaths!

Anyone wanna see a pic of me ss Bonty's crash site? ( the reason I'm on heavy duty painkillers at the mo )

Back