NWA: Farleton Fell. Saturday 28/11/09 !!!ALL WELCOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnett177

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
NOW SATURDAY 28TH..

All welcome retro or modern, ride will set off from the Memorial Hall Burton-In-Kendal at 1030am on Saturday November 21st. Expect 3 - 4 hours of time in the saddle.

The ride crosses the limestone pavements and singletrack of Farleton Fell before taking in picturesque country lanes and bridleways around the stunning town of Kirby Lonsdale (lunchstop), the final part of the ride brings us back over Farleton Fell climaxing in the old national downhill course. There are also plenty of alternate routes for those feeling the strain or in doubt.

3992813561_b6700440ae.jpg

Farleton Fell Singletrack.

3993561580_202a3912d5.jpg

Farleton Fell Limestone Pavements. (weather pending, if wet I have an alternative route)

3992814913_7bf52028bd.jpg

The Lonsdale Valley.

3993564560_4ee4699ab4.jpg

Old DH course follows the path of an ancient fault line.

Burton-In-Kendal is on the A6070 between M6 Junction 36 Kendal/South Lakes and M6 Junction 35 Carnforth. For those wishing to stay over the Kings Arms offers good cheap accommodation and a fine selection of beers (also recce’d)
http://kingsarmsburton.co.uk/

More route survey pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sinnett177 ... 418957037/

damn yes, that looks great- I have no passes left this year but I'll be there by hook ..... You need to promise me it will be as nice a day as when you went- beautiful :cool:

ok Macretro lets be having you!

Farleton Fell was my first ever mountain bike ride. We used to love that downhill along the fault (been rock climbing there a few times, too) :D

Just hold your noses through the pig farm at the bottom :? :LOL:

Looking good. Can you arrange similar weather to that shown in the photos?

I'll be there regardless...

drystonepaul":2glqdqoo said:
Looking good. Can you arrange similar weather to that shown in the photos?

I'll be there regardless...

Aye some nice shorts and T shirt stuff :D

Grrrrrr, just taken a booking at work for the 21st this afternoon. Bugger :cry:

Seriously consider this, how far from Kendal/Oxenholme/Carnforth is it, at that time of year I'd prefer to train it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back