Dorset/Purbecks ride anyone??

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
After the resounding success of Jonnys' IOW rides, I was wondering who would be up for a similar ride on the Purbecks in September?
There are quite a few Retro-bikers in the area so we should be able to workout a really good days riding (and more importantly, pub stops!).
I was thinking of the weekend of the 19/20th??

If anyone is wanting to come from further a-field, I could put a couple of people up in my flat (fight it out between sofa bad and air bed!!) on the Saturday night and then ride on the Sunday.

We can even visit some WW2 bunkers en-route, just to keep Heathy happy :D

Just did a trip down that way at the weekend, flying down Ballard down to Old Harrys rocks (think thats the name) was frigging awesome! (especially when we found a real ale festival in full flow in studland.

We camped nr. Swanage

JeRkY":x8gtl5kq said:
Just did a trip down that way at the weekend, flying down Ballard down to Old Harrys rocks (think thats the name) was frigging awesome! (especially when we found a real ale festival in full flow in studland.

We camped nr. Swanage

Was reading your post about it that gave me the kick up the arse to suggest it!

Sorry guys, can't do. What with hols, cheddar bike fest, the peaks meet and Spam bikings the blast September is fully booked!
1st week in Oct however ;)

Right then....who is still on for this? Been offered some help with sorting a decent route etc, so just need an idea on numbers etc ;)

Yea ,Im still be up for this depending on date, Im guessing Early October now ? Sundays work best for me.

Cheers

lumos2000":21aqroor said:
will be up for that :D jerky what day were you at the beer fest? i was there friday eve about 6ish.

Would have been the saturday...about 6-8ish. (we needed a fair amount of beer fuel to get us back up Ballard down :) )

Back